How to resign as an elder?

by IT Support 42 Replies latest jw friends

• IT Support
    IT Support

Does anyone have any tips how to resign as a JW elder without being disfellowshipped or disassociated?

Thanks.

Ken

• blondie
    blondie

You just need an acceptable personal health reason or family issues such as teenagers needing your attention, parents (JW or non-JW) needing more assistance, time to deal with your wife's illness or spiritual decline.

Another way is to move to another congregation or area. You will have to be re-appointed and can turn it down at that time, assuming you are reappointed.

Those are some that I have seen used.

Blondie

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I turned my Pay Attention to the Flock Book in. The body already knew that I was complaining about the load I was under, because that fell on deaf ears I simply gave the book back. The C.O. on his next visit tried to talk me into coming back, but I declined. If an elder feels that the elder body, whom he works shoulder to shoulder with, does not listen, then the members of the cong. are absolutely correct if they feel the same about their local body.

• caspian
    caspian

Hi Ken.

My name is Cas, and I resigned myself in August, can I suggest that you take this off topic.

You can email me at [email protected]

Please be careful what you say on this forum.

Cas

ps Welcome to the board

• anglise
    anglise

Hi IT Support,

Welcome to the board.

Other half (was Secretary)found the best way was just to gradually do less and less and plead family commitments. This was about 3 years ago. Dont konw if you could do that.

As CAS said be careful about saying too much on the board especially anything that could reveal your ID if you dont want to be DF.

Take care whatever you do.

Anglise

PS Is it snowing yet up there.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Vote for a Democrat. If they don't DF you for getting involved in politics, they will certainly have you for mental incompetence.

Just cheesin'.

Seriously, my dad did it a couple of years ago. Don't know why. He just stepped down one day and that was it. I think he was working through his depression.

CZAR

• metatron
    metatron

Claiming an illness is best.

I got out with depression - I know a sister who escapes meetings claiming migraines.

The elders will likely try to talk you out of it. The C.O. will want a private report on why you

are resigning. If you have another congregation nearby, change to that one after your

resignation and then do a quiet fade.

metatron

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Tell them that you are dealing with some health issue and you need a break to sort things out.

wannaexit

• avishai
    avishai

I suggest an Illness, if you don't have kids it will embarrass. Start acting totally nuts. Drool on yourself. Whip it out in elders meetings & ask if the other elders think its "a good size" Call tehm all by names that are'nt theirs. Have fun with it, they can't df or da you for being crazy, right?

• Beans
    Beans

8 pints of "Belhaven Best est 1719" and then resign and re-instate your self as a Scottish District Overbeer serving all congregations in your area!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit