I just received this email...it struck me as very funny

by Wolfgirl 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Wolfgirl,

thanks for the story. I do believe there is a printed version..

the woman was ...a sister and was ' in the preaching

activity. The story is similar to Dins ' version.

Still I do find quite appropriate ' jizcool' remarks:

T"here have been many faithful JW women and children who

have suffered from rape and child abuse. I have to wonder why

these were not protected by jehovah. Or is he selective about

that sort of thing, or was his protection just a random act?"

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would have to say, that I think God indeed can and does play a role in our lives. What exactly, and why He chooses to do or allow certain things to happen, I don't claim to know.

• simplesally
    simplesally

You know, it may be a tall tale to all of you, but one night, a night that could have been any other night, my dad called me from a bar to pick him up. I always went and got him when he was too drunk to drive. But now he was in a bar I used to go to; I knew all the bartenders, many of the patrons.

I called a friend to help me get him. We went and before we went in, we prayed because BOTH of us used to go there and we were the fun girls, the girls who danced and flirted (that's it, really), but we knew we'd know alot of ppl. I told Cindy that when Dad asked us to dance we had to say no.

We went in, in our jeans and sweat shirts and as we walked the crowd parted, it WAS weird. Then Dad asked Cindy to dance, asked if we wanted drinks. I made sure the bartender had been tipped and we walked out.

I will NEVER forget that as we were walking Dad to the car, Dad asked why we had to bring "them" along, as he said this he looked over both of our shoulders. Cindy and I were shocked and not --- all at the same time. It truly seemed we had brother angels helping us get my dad out and get him to the car and not get into a bar fight or some other hassle with him.

• greven
    greven

This story has many variations: I've heard it a thousand times.

My usual reply is: "So your God saves one woman from rape, but let hundreds of JWs rot in concentrationcamps. I guess their prayers were not sincere enough..."

ps besides, that story also circulates amongst mormons and other religious folk check out there websites!

Greven

• Perry
    Perry

I'd really like to meet those two guys...... they seem to really get around!

• rocketman
    rocketman

When I get similar e-mails, I just do this:

• Aztec
    Aztec

Isn't this why gawd invented the delete button?

LOL @ Nos!

~Aztec

• Patriot
    Patriot

How stupid?

• Patriot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit