New Divorce Rules ???

by jazbug 39 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

simplesally says Extreme Spiritual Endangerment. and she is correct --but DOES NOT QUALIFY for a scriptural divorce..

Here is my take -- wherever there is apostasy -- THE WTBTS will always bend break the rules. Did I ever tell you in a BOE meeting with a CO there was a case of apostasy developing -- the CO said to us all --- Handle quickly -be ruthless and disfellowship and worry about any potential fall-out later. So if the husband is questioning the FDS - It does not suprise me the CO has given the go-ahead for a divorce -- actaullay nothing suprises me about the WTBTS and how far they are prepared to go away from the scriptures

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

My God, SNS, how horrible!

I'm so glad that things are going better for you now. You didn't deserve anything like that.

• Sassy
    Sassy

thanks Euphemism, I appreciate that. I am fortunate that I have an awesome man in my life now.

I am feeling so bad for you AlanB, you were really set up! Hope you have some good things happening in your life now. You sure didn't deserve any of what went on there.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Sure anyone can get a divorce for any reason but it won't be scriptural and they will not me able to remarry. The only way you can get a scriptural divorce is for adultery. My sister divorced her husband because he was abusive but she can't remarry in the eyes of the dubs.

Will

• Sassy
    Sassy

But there are some divorces, such as the area of physical abuse, that they still treat one better if they get one. Whereas get a divorce for something they don't feel fits into their box of rules and you can be ostrasized even while active in the cong.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

AlanB,

I take it your ex and her family claim to be good Christians after the way they conducted themselves??? As far as your sons are concerned, give them credit. Just be kind and never speak out against your ex. They will see through the BS and when they are old enough, will not want anything to do with the religion. That is what happened in my case. My two sons were raised by my ex, went to all the meetings etc. but they now don't have anything to do with the controlling cult. I never have a bad word to say about their mother but they have made up their own minds.

All the best.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

SNS,

My sister even though she is still a "good dub" has been ostracized by some dubs, even elders. One elder once told her that her place was with her ex. They don't get it, its over. My sister said she doesn't care if she has to live the rest of her life single after the hell that her ex put her through. The sad opart is even after all the BS the religion has put her through she still sticks by it. By the way her ex was a "good elder", that is why some think it was all my sisters fault.

Will

• Sassy
    Sassy

When my ex husband (first husband, not the one I spoke of in this thead) and I got divorced I stayed a JW at the time. I moved and met with the elders shortly after divorcing. I stayed with that man for 17 yrs even though I was being abused physically and emotionally, but because the rules were then that you couldn't even LEAVE unless there was adultry, I stayed. When he finally admitted to having an affair I left him. HOWEVER, that man would not admit to the affair to the elders only to me. I moved to a new town, new cong and of course the elders wanted to know what was going on, so they met with me. Even though in the eyes of Jehovah I had scriptural freedom, even though he admitted it to me, he wouldn't to them and so I was not given my scriptural freedom at that time. I was even told by the elders in my new hall that I could not even speak out against him to anyone, telling them that I left him because of the affair, because it would be talking against my (GET THIS) still spiritual head. As long as there were not two witnesses and he did not openedly admit to them about the other woman, I was still considered, although not legally married, under his headship!

I'm sorry Will that your sister has been through so much. I know I had to go through a lot of stuff before my eyes were opened. I should have seen things years earlier. It took my second divorce to see the 'light'.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

sns,

I was even told by the elders in my new hall that I could not even speak out against him to anyone, telling them that I left him because of the affair, because it would be talking against my (GET THIS) still spiritual head.

What ever happened to using your own conscience? If your ex admitted having the afair, that should have been enough to clear your conscience. This sounds to much like my sisters situation. Its too bad she can't see the light and get away from the dub mind control. What she doesn't see is that is where most of her problems and insecurities come from

Will

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

SNS, ' WITH LIPS LIKE THAT! THE GUY MUST BE CRAZY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit