Looking for old friends of mine...

by Billygoat 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

If you see your name listed below, I'd love to get in touch with you! You can PM me privately - your privacy will be highly respected and under no circumstances will your board presence EVER be told to any JWs. You have my word on that. If any of you know me, you know I wouldn't do anything to harm your anonymity! I know personally the cost of losing JW family.

Tyson Fry

Justin Fry

Shannon Levins

Cindy (Blades) Nakamura

Jason Nakamura

Janice or Rick Morgan

Gavin Thomas

Torrey Hawkins

Michal (Horner) Shigemi

Mark Shigemi

Kevin Choi

Carrie Ann Choi

Rosalind Kia

Alicia Darnell

Matthew Manning

Thanks,

Andi (McElfresh) Weathersbee

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

<running down the hall crying, my name is not on the list!!!>

OH WAIT!! I know Billygoat and she knows me. Oh well, *small voice* nevermind!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I know some of them!! How cool! I couldn't tell you for sure if they are still in though. Pretty sure the Morgans are.

Tyson Fry (I know the name)

Justin Fry (I know the name)

Shannon Levins

Janice or Rick Morgan

Gavin Thomas

Torrey Hawkins

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Joy)))))))

You KNOW you're loved! I just have this fantasy that someday I'll reconnect with an old friend or two from the past. It's already been realized since I've met you and J2L!

SP,

Check your PM!!!

Andi

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Andi that's a really cool thing to do. Has anyone contacted you yet? I was contacted by a lurker on this board. She lives in the same city and when she saw me posting here she couldn't resist and rang me up.

She wants to fade so bad. But like thousands of others she has to be very careful. It was so weird to hear her voice and then have her quote something I wrote here. Now we're sneak around buddies

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Stacy,

I haven't had any of the people contact me. I have a feeling they're still in. But I'm hopeful! This post will probably be here long after I'm gone. Perhaps they'll contact me? Who knows? There are many more names I could post, but these were people that I was REALLY attached to. I remember the night my announcement was made. *shudder* Tyson and Justin and Shannon all sat and prayed and cried with me before the meeting. I don't hold it against them that they shunned me as soon as the meeting was over. They really didn't have a choice. I miss them and wonder where they are now. They were very good people. I wonder if they're happy. In or out doesn't matter. Just want them to be happy.

Keep being supportive towards your friend. When she does the fade, there is no guarantee that she's safe. She'll need friends like you!

Andi

PS to anyone else: If you're a lurker and want to turn me in...I have nothing to hide. My family has deserted me long ago. I have nothing to lose. I am disfellowshipped, I don't plan on coming back, and I believe Jehovah's Witnesses are a false religion. I would rather live my life knowing I'm doing right by God than right by a group of men running a business organization that can't follow basic biblical principles of Love.

• herk
    herk

Andi,

I would rather live my life knowing I'm doing right by God than right by a group of men running a business organization that can't follow basic biblical principles of Love.

Well stated. My sentiments too.

Herk

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well Andi you seem like a very nice person. So nice I wish my name were on that list because I'd love to have you for a friend. If any of those people show up I hope they have the guts to contact you.

• mizpah
    mizpah

billygoat: (How come not nannygoat?)

Like you, my wife and I have often wondered about friends we had in the organization. Although we left the Watchtower, we still have love and affection for many who remain in it. We realize they are victims of a system much as we were. It's a good reminder that it is not the people who are at fault. It is the Watchtower Society that forces people to act abnormally by shunning former members. And I'm sure this is just as hurtful for some of them as it is for us who are on the receiving end of their shunning.

We can only hope and pray that they may sometime escape this cruel and unchristian organization.

• Smyler
    Smyler

For finding Ex-JWs try http://www.randytv.com/wtnews/database.html It has 2716 names and emails in the database.

Andi, I already looked for the names in your post, but they didn't show up but I may have made a mistake.

smyler

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit