Nauseating e-mail

by SpunkyChick 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm a pretty religious person myself. Although I'm not a fan of chain email, I've sent an item or two out similar to this. But here's my viewpoint...because I know you're dying to know. (just kidding!)

ASK: Does the person who sent this mean to upset you? Was it her intention to offend? If not, a simple email stating your unappreciation for these type of emails would probably suffice. It could be as simple as "I appreciate your effort to encourage me, but our belief systems are not the same. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't send me chain emails or emails of religious nature." or "My company does not allow personal emails of this type. Please refrain from sending me these things in the future as I'd like to avoid being reprimanded."

How can we get pissed at someone that has crossed our spiritual/emotional/mental boundaries when they didn't know the boundary was there? We cannot assume everyone in the world has the same email etiquette training.

Just my thoughts...

Andi

• Undecided
    Undecided

Spunky, I just got the same one, or rather my wife did. She is a religious person and doesn't mind all those fwd'ed messages. I just delete them.

Ken P.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe you can return the favor by sending her a Wican Wish/Prayer

• bebu
    bebu

"Don't let the little things get you down..." as the saying goes.

This email was really a way that someone tried to bless you, in their understanding. I don't think it wise to despise simple expressions of love, even if you think them misguided.

Several Japanese friends have given me cute/silly good luck charms over the years. I'm a Christian, but I always accept them because I recognized that this was primarily their way of showing care. I have never looked upon them as "charms", but their expression of friendship.

bebu

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I would just respond saying "So God now can't bless anyone unless YOU pick the four people he going to bless? How presumptious of you."

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    Maybe you can return the favor by sending her a Wican Wish/Prayer
    "So God now can't bless anyone unless YOU pick the four people he going to bless? How presumptious of you."

I like BOTH of these ideas...hehehehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit