Nauseating e-mail

by SpunkyChick 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

My friend's intentions are sweet, but read this forward she e-mailed me and tell me if you'd reply, if so, what would you say? I found myself getting angry that people would actually forward this crap to me.

God still sits on the throne. Each of you is going through a tough
    time right now but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only
    He can. Keep the faith.

My instructions were to pick four people that I
    wanted God to bless, and I picked you. Please pass
    this to at least four people you want to be blessed
    and a copy back to me.

This prayer is powerful, and prayer is one of the
    best gifts we receive. There is no cost but a lot
    of rewards. Let's continue to pray for one another.
    Here is the prayer:

"Father, I ask you to bless my friends,
    relatives and email buddies reading this
    right now. Show them a new revelation of your love
    and power. Holy Spirit, I ask you to minister to
    their spirit at this very moment. Where there is
    pain, give them your peace and mercy. Where there is
    self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through
    your grace. Bless their homes, families, finances,
    their goings and their comings. In Jesus' precious
    name.
    Amen."

(I know I picked more than four, so can you.)

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

PS She's not a JW

• rocketman
    rocketman

I get stuff like this now and then, and I don't mind it much. The stuff I mind is what I get from jws, extolling for example the latest assembly or some pioneer experience. I just got one about the day text for 2004. Those e-mails bug me.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Rocketman - yeah that would be pretty annoying. I guess I get sensitive at times when people send such mindless crap.

• JH
    JH

You can expect anything through internet. The worst thing is a virus.

When you get a stupid email, just don't answer it. If that happens too often, well....

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    (I know I picked more than four, so can you.)

I totally agree with that, like what about all of your other friends? I see no point in sending thses things in the first place, makes no sence at all!

I get those all the time but, i really dont like the ones that say if u do not send these to at least 15 ppl or you will have bad luck for a certain amount of time.... or that ones that tell you stories baout ppl hwo ignored it and go killed... i really dont like that!!! thats the worst thing ppl could even send to you, or even make up! I delete all the emails i get like that n my luck never changes! so i dont see the sence in even having chain letters in the first place... N yah the ones that are funny i like ot read those and send them along as long as they dont say u will have bad luck in your love life..like thats messed!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

ChimChim - I agree chain letters are so stupid. I feel bad for the person sending it, actually believing in that nonsense.

JH - Computer viruses suck. My old computer got infected by the worm virus.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I used to get chain emails from a kind aquaintance. I finally explained very nicely what in particular I didn't agree with or appreciate about the emails, and the chain emails stopped.

Actually, she has stopped emailing me altogether. Oh well.

• shera
    shera

I delete all chain letters...hate em.

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Spunky,

I totally agree with you on those. Those "Praise the Lord!" and " God Bless America!!!" emails

are right up there with people who walk around ordering complete strangers to "SMILE!"

Grrrrr........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit