My online debate with a few JWs

by Wolfgirl 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

An error has occurred. Your account or the thread requested cannot be accessed at this time.

Please note that users cannot post to locked message threads.

Please review the Frequently Asked Questions list and the Terms of Service for further assistance. THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS IT. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

• acsot
    acsot

Wolfgirl, that was great! You sure did your homework. I hope some of those JWs take you up on your suggestions, particularly the one about looking up the references in the Creation book. Keep up the good work !

• Odrade
    Odrade

Chevy,

go here:

http://forums.starwars.com/

then scroll down to "the cantina"

then pick Jehovah's Witnesses. You can't miss it. It's so worth the read. I'm on page 13.

Odrade

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Wolfgirl,

Just fantastic. You did a great, logical job. I agree that the best weapon is pulling out their own literature.

I copied and pasted the link onto my address bar and it worked fine.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I found the Cantina but I can't find the thread!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I found it........ Boy Glens Girl, you really did a good job. What I cannot believe is that this Reed person has not seen Dateline or the BBC programme ... One of them certainly had to be in his area. Why in the heck would JW's believe that going after a pedophile is an attack from Satan???

The bible warns Christians to beware of the sword (Romans) because if they misbehave, the man's government can and does have judicial power over them! Satan may control the world (according to their belief) but he doesn't control every single thing. I remember a CO saying that in the New World people would be surprised when they did something bad --- since the demons were abyssed they could no longer blame them for the corrupt or bad thoughts/deeds.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

This was excellent. You stated facts without getting personal. YOu could just feel his frustration. His intial answers were very rehearsed. ALmost like he had the Reasoning book right in front of him. But when confronted with something he didnt want to admit he lost control. I almost felt like saying, when he said that your situation was isolated, "How do you know taht to be true? Because the Elders told so, by instruction from the Governing Body?"

You were a very good example Wolfgirl. I definetly think you've "planted the seed" of doubt

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi GG,

Great job of keeping your composure while discussing with the active JW's the WTS' v acillating and fluid beliefs.

That one poor young dub, how he/she was crying. It's saddens my heart that a mind can be so wrapped up in propaganda.

Hopefully you reached some hearts and planted some seeds of truth about the Troof!

Winston.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Hmmm....Well, it appears that when the going got tough, the Jehovah's Witnesses got going.

ROFL!!!

Expatbrit

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO!!!! Where'd they go???

Who said it? "cowards" That's for sure.

O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit