ebay: what have you bought/sold

by RAYZORBLADE 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    As a joke, I once put an empty Coke bottle up for auction on eBay. It sold for $7.00 !!

So you're the jerk who took my $7.00 and never shipped me my bottle!!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    So you're the jerk who took my $7.00 and never shipped me my bottle!!

Couldn't have been me..... I have a 100% positive feedback rating -- including from the guy I sold the empty Coke bottle to!

For our Nova Scotian participants, you'll love this one. Another thing I sold as a joke: A Halifax/Dartmouth bridge token. I got $5.00 US for it!

Rule of thumb on eBay: "Anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it."

• talesin
    talesin

SFJim

hahaha - there's one born every minute!!!! Did they believe in the 'curse of the Bridge', or just plain stupid?

t

• waiting
    waiting

I've bought yelloware pottery, jadite dishes, etc. We've collected for years - so I was pretty sure of what I was buying. Not been stung.

I've also bought Radko ornaments - and ONE seller screwed me. I was so mad. $15.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm cheap.

I know a guy who sells racing stuff - and he's screwed soooooooooooooo many people. He just lays low for a while, changes his name, then goes back on.

It helps to know the basic value of what you're looking at BEFORE you finish bidding. Empty Coke bottles should never go over $5.00.

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I've bought: Dale Earnhardt refrigerator magnets, Rosemary Clooney sheet music, autographed pic of McGuire Sisters, Time/Life magazine (1955) with McGuire Sisters on it, Spin magazine (1992) with Kurt Cobain on it, heart-shaped garnet earrings, and just lost bids on a stained glass grinder and the Blue Moon Outcesticide CDs numbers I through V. My partner who shares the account with me buys old books, old Sterno sets, old flashlights, old anything. Just bought a digital camera so I can start selling stuff.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

• 75% of my wardrobe
    • nearly all my jewelry and the boxes/bags I keep it in
    • Christmas tree pins
    • wonderful weird hairclips
    • most of my Yule gifts for the past 3-4 years
    • two tents
    • two 1965 Army messkits
    • an alcohol stove that fits in a coffee mug
    • a teapot
    • two tastefully gaudy cream & sugar sets
    • a cute little headmounted bike lamp
    • a food processor
    • silk scarves to use as altar cloths
    • a carved soapstone fragrance oil lamp
    • and a couple of gay pride flags.
    • And books, since they bought out half.com.

GentlyFeral

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I think perhaps that the appropriate question would be, what HAVEN'T I bought on eBay?

I always check there first when I need something. I've purchased multiple small appliances, signed lithographs (framed and unframed), craft kits, yarn, underwear (new), shoes, various items of clothing, pet supplies, plants for the garden, decorative items for the garden, computer equipment (old Bernoulli drives, photo printers), software, telephones, rugs, exercise equipment, and my husband just purchased a console electric piano.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Oh, shoot, I forgot these......incense, soap, shampoo and other toiletries, jewelry, videotapes, blankets, sheets, comforters, duvet covers, dog beds, paperweights, paintings, horse halters, lead ropes, various medical supplies for the animals--including frontline flea medication and heartworm medication, ID tags, cat and dog collars, dog leashes, pet toys.....

And I'm sure I've still forgotten something.

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

I have bought a total of 4 cars, and sold one, and if that gives you any idea I buy just about EVERYTHING else on Ebay.

No better way to shop.

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

Oops, AND sold over 500 laptops on Ebay.

? How could I forget that ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit