Reform or Retire?

by core 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Analysis
    Analysis

An Elder may be able to help a few within his congregation. Reform is out of the question.

As to Ray, he came too early to attempt any reform. Maybe today if someone attempted from within they could make some good steps toward mainstream thinking.

The only hope for total reform is if the at least 3 of 5 new GB Members over time become reform minded. In the US, the President always attempts to select Judges for the Supreme Court that will decide cases in the way they want them decided. In the end no one ever knows for sure how they will Judge until they have been on the Bench for many years. Some have an independence that somehow comes out after they are there for a few years. Rutherford, Franz and Knorr all had a great impact on changes within. I don?t mean to say they were positive changes. But at this point even a major negative change could end up in the long run in the reform movement. Why do I say that? I don?t think the average JW will actually drink the Kool-Aid.

• gumby
    gumby
    i would often ask folks reform wt into WHAT???

CURRENTLY it is the only mouthpc of god, it is the only channel he is using

Exactly!

The Organisation cannot drop the teaching that they alone are gods mouthpiece. If they did the numbers would drop dramatically with only the 'died in the wool' witnesses remaining.

Who on gods green earth, would continue to live the life of a witness, if the society were to say that salvation can exist apart from the Organisation? What would be the need or point of remaining a witness?

Gumby

• caspian
    caspian

Core

Caspian - do you think that the others you were involved with are still trying to make changes - did you achieve much when you were actively trying to promote decent standards ?

Core you raise a good question, at the time I was full of zeal to make internal changes, my life has changed so much that in the past few months I have lost many things dear to me that has changed my perspective on the "troof" and my life with in it.

from a personal point of view I have lost all heart and fight to carry on. There are still ones out there who are and can make changes.

That is all I am willing to say at the moment.

My own life and that of my dear Sister now take major precedents in my day to day thinking.

Cheers

Cas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit