WITNESS NUMBERS HAVE TO BE GOING DOWN.

by integ 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• integ
    integ

My Mother attended the special one day assembly program Saturday, and told me that there were 5 people getting baptized. Now I would think that at least 10 times that amount have either left the org. during that time, or been disfellowshipped from the congregations in the circuit. So... "is'nt it the course of wisdom" to assume that the numbers, at least in this circuit, were going down a lot? I would tend to think so. My mom said one of the speakers talked about heart conditions, and how we should be more concerned with the state of our "spiritual" heart condition than our physical heart. And that Jehovah is the great "Spiritual Cardiologist".

Integ.

• little witch
    little witch

Integ,

Very interesting... Well if hovah is a cardiologist, then he should take the hippocratic oath, and "first do no harm", eh?

BTW, we are "neighbors" if you are from Illinois. Pronounced El-O-Noise, if you are on this side. LOL

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

How ironic. Jehovah The Cardiologist.

Also known as :

DOA

and

FLATLINER

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    My mom said one of the speakers talked about heart conditions, and how we should be more concerned with the state of our "spiritual" heart condition than our physical heart. And that Jehovah is the great "Spiritual Cardiologist".

• Room 215
    Room 215

Not only are the sheer numbers of baptismal candidates declining, the demographics are shifting, from a mix of adult converts and children of believers, to almost entirely the latter.

• Dan76
    Dan76

To add to the demographics, an baseless assumption...

I would think the reproductive rate among JW couples would be higher than most other religions due to the stance on alternative intercourse (oral, anal, mutual masturbation). It may be enough to compensate for the loss of adult converts.

I seem to remember a lot of discussions about heart conditions at the book studies. What book was that?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

due to the stance on alternative intercourse (oral, anal, mutual masturbation).

I didn't ever recall the Society taking a stance on mutual mastrubation. Did I miss something ?

***** Rub a Dub

• Joker10
    Joker10

There was a 2%increase of publishers in the U.S. this year.

• Dan76
    Dan76
    I didn't ever recall the Society taking a stance on mutual mastrubation. Did I miss something ?

Um, did I? What else was I supposed to believe regarding ANY type of masturbation?

• DIM
    DIM

Don't you people have anything better to do than sit around and see who is or isn't one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Get a life, you guys are worse than the WTS.

Praise Jesus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit