What is happenning in France?

by AlanB 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Searcher,

I believe that it was McCabe that delivered that stirring speech! It was from sources close to him that I learned that the case was not progressing in favor of the WTS.

HS

• searcher
    searcher

I dont know who delivered it HS. That was just how I picked it up during the UN scandal debate on the boards.

• mizpah
    mizpah

In the 1950s we were told that book studies were going to be essential because the Kingdom Halls and Bethel could be closed down by the worldly political leaders. We were told that we might have to approach people with only the Bible in hand or by word of mouth. At the time, I thought it was a great idea anyway. Why did we need so much literature when the Bible was enough?

It is obvious today that the "reason d'etre" of the Watchtower Society is not the preaching work but the huge publishing empire it has created throughout the world. So, when nations like France try to tax this business, the Watchtower Society cries "foul" and cites it as an example of persecution. The reason it doesn't encourage "phase two" of yesterday is that it is the business that justifies the existence of the organization itself. The "preaching work" is only the excuse to keep its business growing.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

these few lines to confirm that what has been posted by hillary_step and

Blondie are accurate informations concerning the 'French state of affairs'

of the WTBS Inc..

Searcher, I did post that information as well quite sometime ago to

show how 'tough' was the going for the WTBS Inc. in some European

countries i.e. belgium, France , Austria, Sweden , etc.

A good reminder for some.

Mizpah: excellents comments, very true.

I do like this part:

So, when nations like France try to tax this business, the Watchtower Society cries "foul" and cites it as an example of persecution. The reason it doesn't encourage "phase two" of yesterday is that it is the business that justifies the existence of the organization itself. The "preaching work" is only the excuse to keep its business growing."

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• AlanB
    AlanB

Thanks for the interesting updates.... lets see how this pans out.... A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit