How many of you are happy with doing the holidays?

by Singing Man 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I like the holidays. They give me something to look forward to besides the asembleys and memoral and the deer hunt. And to heck with you JW's who come in here with your smug ways, why don't you try questioning a few things for a change you will be surprized with what you discover. Try useing your brain for a change, then you can have your friends and family again just in time for the holidays.

• Naebliss
  • DJ
    DJ

LOL Naeblis.....you are such a wise a--.

Singingman,

Take it easy and enjoy your celebrations. There is no harm in love. I love them too and now I understand why. love, dj

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Actually, I still hate Halloween... too many memories of hiding in our own house.

Xmas, Tksgiving, New Year all rock.

I love giving gifts. I love shopping for them and I love getting them wrapped and I love seeing people's faces when they open them!

And I love cooking the TK meal. I do a mean turkey!

• DJ
    DJ

me too phantom....I also hate Halloween, I mean what is that anyway? lol....

• heathen
    heathen

I couldn't care less about the holidays myself . I think christmas is just an over rated religious freak show . I can't see why people look forward to halloween either even tho it's not a holiday but people have been lobbying to make it a national holiday . If I had kids there is no way I would allow them to take candy from strangers . No love lost here at all!!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

I love the holidays in general- but haloween I could care less about personally. I do enjoy watching my son get dressed up and having fun with something I missed out on though, like being in the costume parade at school, etc.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I much more enjoy holidays than selling books about about talking snakes and apple eating naked women. GaryB

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I love Halloween because it is So very un-Dubbish!

and I like the other holidays, and envy just a bit those whose families did not deprive them of social occasions. but for myself, I have no "emotional context" for Xmas -- I've tried to fake it and it doesn't work. But I love to bite the heads off of chocolate bunnies, so I guess I'm good with Easter.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

To be honest, I kinda have mixed feelings about the holidays. My dad always gets poed on Christman for no apparent reason, I'm too old for Halloween, ditto for Easter, don't have a girl to impress on Valentine's, and my birthday has been dominated by my parents lately.

However, I don't see the big deal about celebrating holidays. Sure, they may not have Christian origins, but I don't think God will smite you with lightning if you so much as eat Turkey on Thanksgiving, like the dubs try to lead you to believe.

Piss on em; I'm partying my ass off when my best friend has a b-day next month. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit