Simon and Garfunkel

by outnfree 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• outnfree
    outnfree

Azzy,

Some of the video footage they played was scenes from "The Graduate" and, of course, they sang "Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson."

Their voices are still great. I was a bit alarmed at the first two numbers, because it seemed Paul Simon no longer had it (Art was prime!). Paul's range is a bit reduced, but he compensates by changing the low notes. After he got warmed up a bit more (wonder how hard the Sat. PM show was on their voices?), he sounded more like his old self. Hey, these guys are pushing 60!

Ray,

It's funny that you should mention both Cecilia and The Only Living Boy in New York in the same post. They sang both of them as an encore duo.

NWS and mortons68,

I paid through the nose for seats, too. Criminal, actually. But when my husband phoned me from out of town and told him that a supplier had offered him seats on the floor in the 23rd row (and that he should throw away our tickets and take these GREAT seats), I was happy to tell my hubby I had 14th row seats on the floor, in the middle section. Like you, NWS, I got them through Ticketmaster, and as the first show was already sold out and this one was on its way, the expensive floor seats were "Best Available." Last concert we were at was almost two years ago -- Rod Stewart. But I really scoured the arena and the way the stage was set up there wasn't a bad seat in the house, really; a fact I'll keep in mind the next time I buy tickets online.

Hamas,

Paul said that he and Art met each other at age 11, began singing together at age 12, and began fighting with each other at 13. :D He also mentioned that the inspiration for their sound was the Everley Brothers. Last night, they looked very gratified to be performing live and to such adulation. Paul was a bit "colder" than Art and towards Art, but, by the end (with our great Detroit crowd ), he, too, seemed very touched and pleased.

Blondie -

Eagles are good!!!!

Can y'all tell I'm still thrilled this morning? LOL

out

• freedom96
    freedom96

I love concerts, and this would be a good one to attend. Who knows if they will ever tour again?

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yes, Simon and Garfunkel are my all time favorites. My past theme song " I am a rock". With lot's of therapy that has changed. Just reminds me where I had been.

They are playing here in Minneapolis-St. Paul area this coming week-end. My head nurse has two tickets to sell for 114.00 dollars a piece. Too spendy for me.

Old Crow

• gumby
    gumby

Simon and Garfunkel, the Everly Bros, two dying breeds. When is the last time a true duet group has been around? Country music STILL has no duet group.........(brooks and dunn are NOT a duet.)

Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I love Simon and Garfunkel. I can just barely remember when they were around in the 60's and they were my favorite group back then, even more than the Beatles.

Have they lost any voice quality? So many times that happens. I heard that they don't talk to each other anymore, and I heard the same thing about the Everly Brothers. Anyway the story goes that one Everly was assigned to talk with Paul and the other was assigned to Art as that was the only way the four could communicate with each other.

• lastcall
    lastcall

I saw G and F last week in Cleveland. They were great.Their voices sounded as smooth as ever but I will say it took about 2 songs for them to warm up. They were actually off key in their harmonies the first two. After that they settlled in. Simon sang a verse of "Bidge over troubled water" which I had never heard him sing, and it was really awsome, gave me goosebumps. I grew up listening to them with my parents and it was really sort of nostalgic.

Garfunkels voice was far more incredible live than on any recording. Everly brothers were cool too.

I thought it was funny that they Garfunkel mentioned that they had been singing together since they were 13 ... and arguing since they were 14. They also had this guy that totally rocked on guitar and then turned around and was playing the cello. ..very cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit