Simon and Garfunkel

by outnfree 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• outnfree
    outnfree

WOW!

Just got home from SImon and Garfunkel's Old Friends tour! They opened the tour in Detroit Saturday night, and we got tickets for the Sunday show at the Palace. Excellent seats, FABULOUS show. Not sure where they go next, but if they're coming to a city near you and you were ever a fan, it is not to be missed.

The Everley Brothers were surprise guests and sang three numbers.

And one of the musicians even played a digeridoo (how the heck do you spell that, ozzies?)!

The Detroit crowd was SO into the music and so appreciative of Art & Paul, that they came back on for two encores of two songs each! The Palace ROCKED!!!! CanNOT get over how great it was!

outnfree

• Aztec
    Aztec

I love Simon and Garfunkel and my mom played all their music when we were kids. I love "the Graduate soundtrack". The Palace is a great place to see a show. Of course all I've ever seen there is basketball and a little bit a hockey. It's beautiful!

~Aztec

• morty
    morty

That would be an great concert to see.........I love concerts.......I have seen Garth Brooks 6 times.........and would see him another 6 if I had the chance.....I just really think they are alot of $$$$$$$$$......I would love to go to more with my kids, but by the time you pay for everyone,you have to remorgage your house!........I think the best one I ever saw was Garth Brooks, Reba, Brooks and Dunn, Dwight Yokam,and Alan Jackson all under one roof.......................It was the BEST!........Glad to hear you had fun!

mortons68

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I always loved their music.

As a child, I remember hearing their music on the radio, and also on LPs that my babysitters used to bring over and play.

I remember dancing to "Cecilia" as a little boy.

My favourite song by them, oddly enough was on the flipside of that single, it was called: "The Only Living Boy In New York".

On my dj nights, I play that near the end, and people who are not familiar with it, love it.

Lucky you Outnfree, what a wonderful night it must have been.....I'm so envious of you.

Glad you had a lovely time.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Cool, outnfree!

We're going to the Simon & Garfunkel concert here in Denver in two weeks. Thanks for the input!

AlanF

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

I got the wife third row seats for our anniversary . the show here in town sold out quick and the ticketmaster only had nosebleeds by the time I got there ...... so I turn to the friendly ebay.......and a whole lota bread later I had the killerest seats ! and the happiest wife in town ....she is a big fan .....me too I guess ....

Im working on a heavy metal version of the sound of silence : you know the Hello darkness my good friend song. sounds great so far..

NwS

• Simon
    Simon

I loved Simon and Garfunkel music

I remember spending many an hour in my bedroom learning to play the tunes myself on a Guitar.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

DOH! I thought this was about Simon and Farkel!

• Hamas
    Hamas

wow!

I'm a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel.

Two voices that work great together.... I wonder if they are enjoying working together again ?

Did you know that Paul Simon got labeled a racist for his album Graceland ?

DOH! I thought this was about Simon and Farkel!

lol.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm so jealous, outnfree. We are going to see the Eagles, our trip down memory lane.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit