Minimus & His Mother

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

Min,

You can always, agree to disagree......that has always worked for me!

mortons68

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Oh la la ... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ...

that reminds me that I have no news from my mother again ... I get tired about that ...
    I guess my Elder step-brother have probably something to do with that !!!
    I've heard he called the all familly after the talk he had with my son on the phone

I give up ...
    They know ... they should verify ... they don't care ...
    They remain INCOHERENT about the truth and INSENSITIVE about the victims

I'm not my mother's guardian after all - somehow I guess she is too old to get over that
    it might be worst for her ... I don't know ...
    I just hope that what I've told her, will help her to not take their ORDERS to seriously

At least since a little while I can have talks with one of my sister
    but she is 7000 km far away from me !!! and she don't have the www YET
    (sorry needed to vent)

• Aztec
    Aztec

Trying to use logic on someone who can only use circular reasoning is only going to give you ulcers. It's kind of arguing with my 7 year old son. My son "is dinner ready yet?" Me "no." Him "why not?" Me "because it takes 15 minutes and it's only been 10." Him "but why isn't it done?" Me "because it's just not okay?" Trying to explain logically why something isn't the way they want it to be is very often fruitless and pointless.

~Aztec

• minimus
    minimus

You must understand my mother, though. SHE is the one that will bring up a subject and ask me to comment on it. When I say that the Society doesn't speak the truth, she will recite scriptures all about "truth" and then make an application to the Watchower. If I answered her that the truth should not be built on falsehoods, she would say,"Then why do you look at that information on the internet?" .....You never know, MAYBE something will sink in.

• shamus
    shamus

**sigh**

I am so glad that I have no family in the cult... Jeez, it is like talking to a wall, isn't it?

• minimus
    minimus

I'm lucky. I can talk to my believing mother about how wrong Jehovah's Witnesses are and she still loves me.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

then love her back and no hitting old ladies with Watchtowers - bound or otherwise

and when she accuses you of reading the internet say "SO? What's your point?"

• minimus
    minimus

Gee, Lady Lee. You're no fun at all. What about a brochure or a little tract?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Minimus doesn't read the internet. He WRITES it.

I think your mom brings this stuff up because she loves you and doesn't want to lose you. So answer her heart and to her fears, not the babble. "I love you too, mom. Don't you worry. I am safe and secure in Jehovah's arms. And I am sure that Jehovah sees your good works and approves of you."

Here's another one, "If you, as an imperfect human being, can still love me, don't you think that Jehovah's heart is big enough to accept me as I am, too?"

• minimus
    minimus

Jgnat-----That was good! I'm fortunate in knowing that my mother and I have a wonderful relationship. I know she wonders where she failed regarding my staying in the "truth". She quizzes me on what my views are and sometimes I tell her that if I tell her she might get upset. She says she wion't and often she does....but not enough to stop asking my viewpoints.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit