Of Posting, Children and Other Things

by Big Tex 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((((hugs to Big Tex, Nina and Jennie)))))))))))))))

• bebu
    bebu

(((((((BT and Nina)))))))

I missed all the fireworks (thank goodness?), and I'm so sorry about the unkindness you've endured. You two are really sweet folks, and a breath of fresh air for so many of us. I cannot understand the grandiose "reasoning" behind flaming people, young or old.

I also wanted to say that you and Nina did all that a parent could do in both providing an opportunity, and being vigilant. You had the system set up right, and it worked. You really didn't make a mistake here... Now you know the answer about kids and this board, and Jennie herself wasn't hurt.

And, some tangible good has come out of this: a concern for the younger ones, and a forum for kids.

I'm so glad you feel better now after a cup of tea... Hmmm... Perhaps I will consider switching to tea, over from coffee...

Naaaaaaaaaah.

bebu

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I must thank everyone for being so kind and understanding. This was a learning experience all around, and probably a needed one.

Maybe expat has the right idea. Maybe coffee is the harbinger of agitation. The power of tea is once again shown.

Yes it is his responsibility..

Andy I must respectfully disagree. Simon is trying to create a civil environment you're talking about, but an environment that is for adults. It was my decision to expose my child to this board, and all that, that implies and so it is my responsibility to keep her safe. Simon should not be expected to make this board child friendly. Lord knows it is sometimes not safe for adults to be here! This board was never intended to include children. I allowed Jennie to post with my eyes wide open, and it was the original cavet emptor (buyer beware) situation.

Lady Lee and Scully have set up two avenues for children to post and interact with each other. This is an outstanding idea. Any parents who are interested please get in touch with them. They are both caring and protective people and the forums they have set up are safe for children. This is more appropriate for teens and pre-teens.

Thanks again to everyone, it means a lot.

Chris

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bttt

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

btt (for Lady Lee)

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I missed whatever happened and don't need to know but I do have to say that I cannot imagine this board without Big Tex / Cruzanheart. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Now then, go ahead and flame me for that. I'll leave. I will dammit. I'm not joking!

• Valis
    Valis

Big T...you were a lot nicer than I would have been. BTW, I can't wait to see you all this coming weekend, but do I need a passport to get into your town? *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well actually yes. Murphy is a separate country. It's official name is White Bread Suburbia.

Never fear O Beloved District Overbeer. Your beer needs will be attended to.

Your Humble Servant,

Chris

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Big Tex, I wasn't "here" for your upset, but I'm glad you worked things out....not having you here on JWD, along with your insightful posts would be a great loss for us all...

(((hugs)))

Frannie B

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Tex, I do not know the situation you are referring; but wanted to say that you dear fellow have always been a special treat here. You are eloquent and thoughtful, and so full of empathy and understanding of others in need. On top of that, your sense of humor is priceless. Your leaving would have been a very sad loss. Glad to hear it was but a passing thought. j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit