lf you could be god would you and why and what would you change?

by atomant 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant

Not sure if this question has been asked before but thought it would be interesting to read peoples response.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I would love to be a superhuman being. I'd correct all the world problems that so greatly disturb me now. The first thing I would do is stop suffering. I am extremely disturbed by suffering among humans and animals. I've seen and in other ways become aware of horrific cases. I'd stop it all right now if I could.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

All god would have to do is start fixing a few things in the world and the whole world would instantly start worshipping him with all the love they could muster. The whole sovereignty issue is a joke!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The first thing I would do is put in a plan to eliminate every S.O.B. who did`nt agree with what I am going to do to end once and for all , Religion, War ,Hunger poverty, Sickness ,so everybody could die happy after a couple of hundred years of old age

And anybody who is`nt with the plan can go to Hell.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to me that to end all suffering you must either dispose of free will or eliminate those who cause suffering.

Either way you eliminate humanity.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

If I had been God
    I would have rearranged the veins in the face to make them more resistant to alcohol and less prone to aging
    If I had been God
    I would have sired many sons and I would not have suffered the Romans to kill even one of them
    If I had been God

• Half banana
    Half banana

Don't you think that by simply asking this question that the idea of god disintegrates?

Why would any mere human tolerate injustice and the pain of sickness, parasitic organisms, genetic malfunctions, cancer etc.

If humans dearly wanted to remove these things then a 'loving God' surely would have already done so for his people. He can't because he exists only in the human imagination.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

The first question is if I could be God, would I? No

If you had unlimited powers and could do anything your heart desire then the evil you see today would look like a paradise compared to what you would eventually do. I don't care how benevolent someone thinks they would be, you would do horrible things eventually.

"Power corrupts, Absolute power corrupts absolutely" -- John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

We watched the movie last night about Cambodia - "first they killed my father" and this very topic was discussed, between my husband and I-even when I was a faithful brainwashed jw- I could never, never accept the jw reasons why suffering is being tolerated by the person we called god. Also if we as humans were supposedly created in gods image, so that means the human ability to slaughter innocent people, according to jw beliefs originated with god.

• venus
    venus

Vanderhoven7, it is a great thought and I agree with you 100%.

We do not study about cold and darkness because they are absence of heat and light.

Similarly, we need not think about evil and suffering because evil is the absence of goodness and suffering is the consequence of choosing evil.

Without suffering, we will not know what the misuse of free-will would mean. Hence I cannot tell God: “You should ensure I experience no ill-effects even when I misuse my free-will.” Many have strongly been influenced by the proverb: “Friend in need is friend indeed.” Yet this proverb reveals something negative, a commercial mind-set that friend is a means (if a friend does not help me he is not my friend). Similarly many feel that if God does not ensure that they experience no ill-effects even when they misuse their free-will, He is not a God, or He doesn’t exist. Everyone (including animals) can be taught if we want.

Besides, humans have the ability to remove most of our sufferings, and we have shown our abilities many times—for example, when we found that separation is no longer working, Germany went for re-union. This can be tried with regard to countries such as Pakistan & India, South Korean & North Korean … so on, and finally with the whole world. But ego (individual and collective) is the only obstacle. Yet ego is the easiest thing in the world to destroy because it does when it is no longer nurtured.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit