I'm glad I was a JW!

by iiz2cool 16 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Yep, you heard correctly. I'm glad I was a JW (from a certain standpoint). You're probably thinking I've finally lost my last remaining brain cell, if you haven't thought that before. Why would anyone say they were happy to have been a JW??? Was it the riveting, informative meetings? Was it the priviledge of speaking to people about the bible watchtower? Was it the fine upbuilding association in the congregations? No, it wasn't any of these things.

Think about it, if I was never a JW, then I could never have become an X-JW. If I weren't an X-JW I would never have had a reason to find this board. And I would never have met some of the beautiful people I've met through this board, both online and in person. In the few months I've been here, everyone, without exception, has given me encouragement and insight through their posts, PM's, and phone calls. I've even been lucky enough to meet a few in person, and have formed friendships that I hope will last a long, long time. Some have listened to my rants in private (you all know who you are), for which I am very thankful. And I'd like to thank Simon, who has had the vision, desire and patience to take something as negative as the BORG and turn it into something positive here on this forum.

You are all helping people with shattered lives find meaning again.

It must be at least a week since I've seen a group hug/pinch/grope going on here, so as of this moment you may all consider yourselves hugged/pinched/groped (according to your personal preference).

(((((EVERYONE)))))

Walter

• freedom96
    freedom96

If it weren't for looking at another ex-witness website, I would have never met my wife. So I suppose in a twisted way I can thank the organization for helping me meet my wife. Had we not been witnesses at some point in our life, then we would never had been on the same website, and never would have met.

Still, I would have rather we met the traditional way years ago, and not had to suffer all the WTS has to offer.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

You know a psychiatrist would have a field day with you Walter,

I'll have what your having.

An interesting analogy.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Well said.

Guest 77

• wednesday
    wednesday

Your hot tonight Scoob. LOL that was good.

weds

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I'll have what your having.

Single malt scotch, but the damn bottle's empty now.

Walter

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((Walter)))

Dang...you're a helluva man. I'm proud to know you.

Lisa

• morty
    morty

((((((WALTER)))))))

GAWWWD...YOUR A MAN OF A 1000 WORDS........CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU!

MORTONS68

• Maverick
    Maverick

I'm glad I lived through a terrible accident! Would I want to go through that again, tracheotomy, bone, skin graphs, 30 or so operations? NO! If I could go back and avoid it...HELL YES! Would I be a different person...love to find out! I am what I am, as for being a dud..... I'd pass! Maverick

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Starting to sound like some of us believe in fate here. If it wasn't for..............

Does everything happen for a purpose?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit