Whats the secret of being HAPPY?

by ScoobySnax 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

In just one line, I reckon its learning to not take yourself toooooo seriously. And finding something to laugh about.

Whats your secret?

• invictus
    invictus

looking at world through kid`s eyes and having my family safe and happy.

invictus

• luna
    luna

Not being a Witness.

• gumby
    gumby

I'm not sure I will ever be truely happy until I find the meaning, purpose, and beginning of life. I can't be truely happy not knowing why I am here and if I'm going somewhere after death.

Gumby

• wednesday
    wednesday

I agree Gumby.

I feel somewhat "lost" without knowing what caused us to be, and why God tolerates the condition we are in now. but i just don't believe the answer lies in any religion today, they have alll preverted the word of God and hurt people.

One thing i know my hubby is right about, there is no difference between scaring people with Hell, as opposed to scaring them with the big "A". The elders are company men, but take your average Baptist church and u will find the same thing. The jws are no better than anyone, and much worse than some.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Follow your dreams, no matter how silly others think they are.

• gumby
    gumby

Wednesday,

I still believe in a creator. Why this creator will not answer people as you and me when we ask and look hard for answers is beyond me. Nothing makes sense in this matter and it's pretty much got me down.

Gumby

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Get your eyes off the prize and enjoy the journey.

• Aztec
    Aztec

At the times I've been most happiest in my life is when things are most in balance. Work and recreation and education and sleep all getting the right amount of time and importance.

~Aztec

• wednesday
    wednesday

My therapist is jewish. actually, he is not practicing. he believes that to do good to others and use your life for good. He says he intends to have the most fun he can in his life. he says he does not believe in an afterlife. he feels we have only this one, and ought to make the most of our time here. (as SanFran said). He tries to live his life around the 10 commandements. he also feels that some things, are just not good ideas b/c they just complicate your life.(adultry for instance)He is a very happy man and tries to lead a good life and share his happiness with others. sounds pretty good. he does not worry whether there is a creator or not, he knows he'll eventually find out one way or the other. This sounds good, ie, man is responsible for himself and stop trying to put God into the equation. Anyone care to comment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit