My mother's treatment. Unreal.

by quellycatface 18 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I disassociated myself 3 years ago BUT have never told my mother, as she lives quite a distance from me in the UK. I've have told her that I no longer go to meetings, neither does my son, who is 16.

I haven't seen her for 3 1/2 years. I offered to come visit this week but she was incredibly offhand with me and said she couldn't meet with me today as she was on the ministry!! I would only be able to be around for 2 days due to work etc....

I am so upset, even though I should know what she is like by now. Even when I was a witness, she always made me feel inadequate in some way. I didn't help that I married out of the truth and she can't seem to understand how my marriage is still working and we've raised a good kid. She never seems interested in him either, never even given him a bit of pocket money or present BUT she has money for taxis to the kingdom hall and hotels/transport to the conventions.

Sorry for the rant but I've had enough.

• Onager
    Onager

It's awful when family don't behave like family. I'm sorry you're being treated this way. :(

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi quell--good to see you on here again x

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi.

sorry to hear you are going through this. It's actions like this that confirm that they are in a high control cult like group....nothing else explains such terrible behaviour.

Stay strong, and don't allow that situation to dictate how you feel.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Let's review -- It's A Cult!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi Stan! She's still living the dream in Shanklin, knocking on doors in Victoria Ave. Silly old crock!!!

• cha ching
    cha ching

Cults & high control religions hurt so many people in so many ways. The "two most important commandments: 'love God & love your neighbor as yourself' somehow are not thought the most important anymore.... It's "do you view the GB as God's representatives on earth" and "do you go to all the meetings"

As much as we don't want this to affect us, my mom does the same to me & I am not DF'd... just don't 'go', and I still cannot understand how a "mother" can do this to a child. So sad.

Hugs to you quelly, glad to know that you have a wife and child who love you.

cha ching!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sorry to hear that your own mother treated you like that.

That's what this cult does to its members.

May be one day in the future she'll soften her stance.

Glad to hear that your marriage outside the JWs is a success.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My younger brother called our 82 year old mother to arrange a visit so she could meet her newest grand child but she couldn't accommodate him since she is busy too busy with pioneering in the field ministry. My brother who was never baptized said he isn't about to convert to be able to spend quality time with his mom in the ministry....Then she complains that he never calls or visit.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My brother who was never baptized said he isn't about to convert to be able to spend quality time with his mom in the ministry....Then she complains that he never calls or visit.

Similar situation with me. My older brother smokes, drinks to excess regularly, brings his no-good "worldly" mates home (he still lives with our mum). He's the golden boy and cant do a thing wrong.

Me, i was an active believer, since i left she tells people im dead. (she means spiritually dead but doesnt clarify that). It's messed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit