"You know that the Memorial is April 11 right?"

by stuckinarut2 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I remember one officious sister who objected that an df'd adult child not living at home sat with their in good standing parents. She told the parents she could not sit with them; fortunately the COBOE knew this family and told them not to change seats and took the sister aside and said it was not her place and the BOE had no problems with this.

It could have ended badly.

But I too thinks there is more to the story.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The way I read your story, I see someone who is trying to relieve their on guilt in case someone asked: "did you invite Stuckin to the memorial?" Or perhaps someone in authority told your family member to "be sure to remind Stuckin about the memorial."

They now can honestly say that they reminded you. End of discussion....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, inquiring friends:

It's too painful to explain, in detail, publicly: it concerned the elders' misunderstanding of a legal matter involving me.

I could have stayed but was uninformed about my rights. If I had gone to another memorial, where the Bethel brother gave the talk, I would have been welcomed heartily. However, I would not have known the dismissal was unjustified.

The elders were afraid of something happening similar to what Blondie wrote about, i.e., a "scene."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit