"You know that the Memorial is April 11 right?"

by stuckinarut2 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah, yes, so mid-way through a conversation about work, a family member just had to say "Oh, you know the memorial is Tuesday April 11, so I guess you will have to schedule your work so you can make it right?"

I simply said "Oh is it?" and then went back to what we were talking about.

Has anyone else had the pressure to attend put on them?

I cant wait to be actually asked "DID you attend?"

I will simply reply: "Well, as one who values truth and honesty, I chose not attend such an event"

• compound complex
    compound complex

Several years ago, while a member in good standing, I was asked to leave the Memorial. I was crushed and went home. A brother from Bethel was in attendance at another local KH and, upon learning what had happened, said I was not the one who should have been told to leave.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well now I know the memorial is on Tuesday April 11th so I must make sure I have other plans for that evening.

CoCo , you were asked to leave the memorial ? As a brother in good standing I can understand you being crushed .

Do you care to elaborate ? I`m curious ( it couldnt have been because of your prose surely ) LOL

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    • You know my birthday is June 21 right?
    • You know Christmas is December 25 right?

SO????

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

I take it that was your father Stuck?? Really? He won't ask what's going on with us, doesn't really want to know, but has to remind when the Memorial is??

He better not ask me..... I'll tell him: "never going to another one!"

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Unstuck, you have a pm...

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

CoCo,

I'm curious also as to why you were asked to leave. Unless one was being disruptive, what reason could anyone have to ask such a thing?

• stillin
    stillin

If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

It seems like this "commemorating" would be much more personal, like inside a person, than this JW ritual.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    stuck - Has anyone else had the pressure to attend put on them?

They won't ask me as I'm DA'd.

the problem with the mind control from the WBT$ is that they are guilt tripped into advertising their filthy cult.

• sir82
    sir82

Several years ago, while a member in good standing, I was asked to leave the Memorial. I was crushed and went home.

I get the feeling there is a missing chapter here. Why would they tell anyone to leave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit