Pamela Anderson Clucks at KFC

by simplesally 31 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I quite buying KFC because the last few times I have eaten it I have it has given me a gut ache. I think the quality of the chicken is not as good as it once was.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

troucul,

I heard it some where that the reason why they went to KFC is because the state of Kentucky passed a law that they would get royalties from anyone using the name Kentucky. I searched this on the Urban Legends page and the reasons they gave for the name change was:

Kentucky Fried Chicken decided to change their name to KFC in 1991 for several reasons, none of which had anything to do with governmental regulations about mutant animals:

• A move to de-emphasize "chicken" because KFC planned to offer a varied menu that included other types of food. (The Boston Chicken corporation took the same approach for the same reason, changing their name of their retail food outlets to Boston Market.)

• A desire to eliminate the word "fried," which has negative connotations to the increasingly health-conscious consumer market.

• A recent trend towards the abbreviation of long commercial titles, as demonstrated by other companies' employing shortened forms of their names, such as The International House of Pancakes (IHOP) and Howard Johnson's (HoJo).

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.htm#kfc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit