Sox, Cubs......I Believe

by rocketman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was hoping the A's would do well, but they're now 0-9 in games in which they could clinch a series. If they keep that up, there will be the Curse of the Elephant or something.

Yeah, the Sox should have pulled Martinez before the 8th started, or at the latest, after Bernie Williams singled to drive in Jeter after Jeter doubled.

SS - Pac Bell looks very nice on TV; being there must really be cool.

• scumrat
    scumrat

I had not followed the sox since Buckner allowed the ball to roll through his legs in 1986. However a friend of mine who is a die hard sox fan re-awakened my interest in them this year. Once again I wish I was back asleep. We literally gave them the game. Shame on me for thinking they could do it. LONG LIVE THE CURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dan76
    Dan76

Oh, nevermind. I misread the topic. I thought it said "Sex, Clubs" at first glance.

• rocketman
    rocketman

LOL Dan....hey, we can discuss that, lord knows it would keep this soon-to-be-dead thread alive!

• Dan76
    Dan76
    LOL Dan....hey, we can discuss that, lord knows it would keep this soon-to-be-dead thread alive!

Dude, I just got here! If I'm gonna get banned I don't want to waste it on the Sox and Cubs! Heh.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

A Giants-A's World Series here in the Bay Area would have been great. Well, maybe next year.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I think the curse just might exist, that is, psychologically -- it's all in people's heads, if this includes the players does that count as being a "curse"?

Brad

• rocketman
    rocketman

Brad, that's what gets me thinking that to some degree, this stuff is real, in that, once it affects the thought process, could it well affect the game's outcome?

The Cubs-Marlins game 6 was a perfect example. Once that foul ball thing happened, things just cascaded, and I was wondering what the thought process was among some if not all the Cubs players. Sometimes, I think it gets to a point where, if people believe something bad is going to happen, it does.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Rocketman,

I believe psychologists would call that a "self-fulfilling prophecy."

Works both ways too. Think: Yankees.

Bradley

• Soledad
    Soledad

hahahahahaha was there ever any doubt that the Yanks could beat the Red Sox? are you effin kidding me? at Yankee stadium? in the House that Ruth built? the curse lives!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit