It Might Have Hit The Fan

by VW.org 13 Replies latest jw friends

• VW.org
    VW.org

Thanks for the support. I do want to be comfortable speaking my mind in public. I do not want to be a people pleaser, living my life according to other people's opinions. I don't want to be an activist foremost. I just want a life.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I do not want to be a people pleaser, living my life according to other people's opinions.

Good for you VW.org. I could/can never understand how some people are so concerned about what other people think of them that they end up living a life dictated by what they think other people think of them ,to me it`s just crazy thinking.

And it`s not just JW`s who fall into that trap I`ve noticed it in the real world also.

Crazy !! these people are wasting their one life trying to please other people who don`t give a shit about them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I agree with the recommendation to say you were broadsided with this by someone from work/school/family. When you "innocently" researched it to prove it not true, you instead discovered DOZENS of such lawsuits and settlements.

As a result you are shocked/stumbled/confused and do not know how to respond. Was he aware of this? How are "we" any different from the Catholic Church (which "we" condemned for their abuse issue)? How can you possibly respond to your friend or coworker?

Put your Eldub friend on the defense. Make him respond to you.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    VW.org

DONT YOU WORRY. The worst they can do is to mark you and advise other JWs not to have close associations with you. Nothing to fear. Its not worth. Its after all a Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit