$1.2 billion coming, still 12 properties to go

by the girl next door 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mephis
    Mephis

The only thing which has really changed with these sales is the date of them I think? Wasn't the big move out of Brooklyn, and the sale of the property, meant to have been 2017? But now they're moving even faster, which gets the money to them a year or thereabouts sooner.

Cynical me would look at the timings of their appeals for money and announcement of cuts and wonder if they've been deliberately done before the next big property sell-off hits the news though...

• cognac
    cognac

Fink - I'm implying that this will do little to help them. I've said it in the past and I stand by it now. They are up sh*ts creek. There's going to be more cutbacks, and more selling of properties... And they better get a move on it....

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Guys the WT is not in serious financial hardship. They may not be where they want to be, but they horde cash and are very conservative, which is good for them financially.

Enough is never enough, and that strategy helps them when there is actually not enough. this could not be a better investment turn around for the branch. they are selling at the top of the market, when Brooklyn has completely revitalized.

To those who may think "well what about the law suits, molestation, etc...".....this is simply not big enough to seriously dent them. For example, i know there are three firms that currently in the US handle their law suits portfolio (non-JW). If each one of them bills 100K a month currently, we are still only looking at 3.6 million for the year. Plus maybe another 5 for out of court settlements. that is about 1% of the sale of this ONE building complex.

• cognac
    cognac
    Problem - You are completely wrong. You have no idea what is really going on behind the scenes. What is public, is that they are fleecing the flock and selling a bunch of their most profitable real estate. Does that not in and of itself jump out at you????
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They are up sh*ts creek.

Yes a sh.t creek of money

So you think 1 billion isn't going to bring the organization up to par as far as its financial picture goes ?

What happened to the money of those 12 branches they sold around the world ???

The probability that the WTS is being mis informative to its actual financial position is quite probable.

This is a dishonest institution and has always been one.

It applies smoke and mirrors tactics proficiently in how it operates upon, exploiting and manipulating its allured coerced adherents. .

• Magnum
    Magnum

Of course I don't know for sure, but right now I agree with cognac. The indications are, to me, that something is wrong financially - the personnel cutbacks, the sudden construction halts/slowdowns, the congregation (and now circuit) money grabs, Lett's appeal for money, Herd's statement and his countenance while reading it, etc. Something's going on.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Here's what's going on, they cultivated a whack of money from selling many of its properties around the world.

They spent a whack on purchasing properties for new main branches in the States and England.

They forgave all renovation loans to all congregations , all done so within a small time frame.

They realized they may have overextending their balance so now they pleading we are poor.

They will be at the top of their finances very soon once again when they sell off the remaining properties in Brooklyn.

Never put absolute faith into corrupt institutions like this one, they are master illusionists, they will deceive the flock as they have done before, exploiting and manipulating where and when they can to suit their own appealing means.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Gosh, Finkelstein, if you're right, I'm going to be really disappointed. I was getting excited thinking I might finally get to see them get what they deserve.

They forgave all renovation loans to all congregations , all done so within a small time frame.

They realized they may have overextending their balance

But it seems to me that the "forgiving" of loans should have brought them more money as they didn't really forgive anything. They told all congregations (not just those with loans) to start making payments to the org in perpetuity.

• cognac
    cognac
    So you think 1 billion isn't going to bring the organization up to par as far as its financial picture goes ?

Absolutely not... Not even close...
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As far what Magnum commented on the monthly income has to be included to what the WTS pulls in every year which has increased prior to this new tithing arrangement .

So more money on a monthly income basis.

A lot of congregations didn't have a reno loan outstanding but now they are putting more money to the WTS.

To repeat, the WTS soon will be in its richest financial position in any time of its history as an organization.

They will also have brand new modern facilities to create and work on more false doctrines to lure in the ignorant and naïve.

Let it be accepted and realized that the WTS right now is on money cultivating aggression of greed , done so with discreet conniving inconspicuous .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit