Child sacrifice and Jesus' sacrifice

by Whynot 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Whynot
    Whynot

I'm not doubting sin or chet. What I am saying is that through time chet has changed it's meaning from when it was written originally. Again, there was no concept of original sin as Christians explain it today.

It took hundreds of years to develop the theories of atonement that we have today. And Perry has explained just one of the many theories beautifully.

I'm thinking I will have to break up this subject in different posts since there are many theories and beliefs on the matter that have truly changed since the first century.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Whynot...

The apostle Paul did produce the "bones" for the doctrine of original sin in his letters and the first disciples of Jesus recognized that there was an Adamic stain of sin that could only be covered by a personal redeemer.

It isn't fair to say that the doctrine originated with Augustine though he is recognized as the first example we have of someone who explored and wrote about it, to flesh it out. Paul certainly had a grasp of the doctrine and may have elaborated on it without putting it in his letters.

http://www.arcaneknowledge.org/catholic/original.htm

• Whynot
    Whynot

When you look at this from a historical angle and read what the early church fathers had to say it is different.

I also take into consideration which letters almost didn't make it into the bible and why when studying this. There's much to consider that's why I will be breaking this subject up and discussing them.

I want to gather more documented research to share. I hope it will be enjoyable at leadt for those who still read the bible.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Whynot...

I hope you use the link I posted in your studies. It contains scripture that points to the elements of original sin in the OT and rabbinic thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit