What do you have to do when you know a pedo? I need your input.!!

by avengers 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ambush23
    ambush23

The fact that she is 18 right now makes no difference at all, you should either turn him in, call the attorney, or do nothing and let your conscience eat away at you, because if they have done it once they will do it again.

• ambush23
    ambush23

if you are scared of said person then that is even more reason to turn them in

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well I respect you wanting to stay within the law. I wouldn't but I'm sure you are doing it properly. Perhaps a nice little stroll alongside a cliff when suddenly, ooops, he lost his footing. I'd find a way.

Typical how the watchtower deals with these pervs, they don't deal with them and instead deal with the victims harshly.

• cynicus
    cynicus

Andy, I found this :

Van seksueel misbruik kun je nog na jaren nog aangifte doen. Voor de meeste vormen van seksueel misbruik bedraagt de verjaringstermijn 12 jaar. Bij verkrachting of gemeenschap met een kind beneden de 12 jaar is deze termijn 15 jaar. Indien het seksueel misbruik heeft plaatsgevonden voordat je 18 jaar was, begint de termijn pas te tellen vanaf het moment, dat je 18 bent geworden. In dat geval kun je tot maximaal je 33e jaar aangifte doen.

I'd say that you should try to convince the victim to charge the person in question. The congregation c.q. elders will require two witnesses or they'll be very reluctant to burn their fingers, especially since it was long ago. Someone on this thread mentioned that there's never one victim, meaning that this person has very probable made more victims that you are likely not aware about. Charging the offender publicly therefore can give other possible victims the courage to do the same and build a stronger case. Try to contact Slachtofferhulp Nederland, 0900-0101 and hear their advice how to carry on with this.

(c)

for the English-reading onlookers, the Dutch text above says that sexual offenders can be charged within a period of 12 years after the offense. For children younger than 12 years old the expiration period is 15 years. In that case the expiration period starts at the moment that the victim reaches the legal age of 18 years, allowing him/her to charge until the age of 33.

• avishai
    avishai

It seems you care about this person, nothing wrong with that, & you sincerely tried to help him. You have a good heart, & this may make what you have to do harder. Personally, I would turn my own child in for this, for society & HIS sake.

• avengers
    avengers

FYI.

I was checking out info about the laws here in the Netherlands when I stumbled onto a Unesco site. The link is below.
    I took a few quotes to show you, but it might be worthwhile to check for yourself.

http://www.unesco.org/webworld/child_screen/conf_index.html#plan

Involve mothers/parents associations in this communication strategy and create a world network of strategic citizens and personalities, institutions and industry against paedophilia on Internet;
    Develop a common long-term strategy where a child-friendly cultural climate is created and the idea of a virtual civil society is promoted.
  • Loris
    Loris
    Involve mothers/parents associations in this communication strategy and create a world network of strategic citizens and personalities, institutions and industry against paedophilia on Internet;
    Develop a common long-term strategy where a child-friendly cultural climate is created and the idea of a virtual civil society is promoted.

JWD is a world network of strategic citizens and personalities on the internet and we are civil most of the time (with a little help from Simon)

We should be very proud.

On the issue at hand. It is no friend that dumps garbage in your front yard i.e. telling you something as ugly as molesting a child.

Do not give in to intimidation from the creep. Do what you must to protect any future victims and to defend the ones already harmed by him. Tough times ahead ((((((Avengers)))))) You are going to need a few hugs in the days ahead.

Loris

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Your first imperative should be to keep friends with the abuser, so you can take advantage of his willingness to speak. You should get a pocket tape recorder that only records when there are voices. Take him out for dinner and bring this up. Get him to confess again, if you can, and talk to him as if you were an understanding friend. Ask him specifics: times, dates, places, names. Regardless if it makes *you* sick, you should bear with it and keep encouraging him to share the details. Especially specifics. In that way, you are setting up an investigative path for those that will go after you.

Your second best bet is to find a detective or police officer willing to listen to you and help you capture him. You can do this with the tapes. On the sly, find out where he lives; what dates he was with the victims. Don't go talk to the victims as this could obviously set off a chain of suspicion. You should *never* arouse suspicion.

Take the tapes to the cops and let them figure out how to work this all out. How could you do otherwise? There are children, possibly, being abused by him right now.

CG

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Why wouldn't he expect you to take the confidence YOU KNEW HE WAS BEING PHYSICALLY ABUSED AND DID NOTHING that is the deal right. You KNEW what his Step Dad did to him and he was not protected he of course doesn't expect you to do the right thing now. You having to come here and ask makes me nauseous. This man is a PEDOPHILE he was physically and possibly sexually abused by a PEDOPHILE. Either break the cycle or tell someone else who has a spine, that WILL do the right thing. As dispicable as pedophiles are I believe those that stand by and do nothing are just as culpable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit