What do you have to do when you know a pedo? I need your input.!!

by avengers 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avengers
    avengers

I have a question.

What do you have to do when you discover someone is a pedophile, someone confided in you, and you know it's true, and the whole picture comes together

But beware! During reading the article that Craig posted I had to go out and get my barf bag. So I hope you have plenty barfbags.

I found out these last few weeks that someone whom I thought to be a good friend is a pedophile. He confided in me. He has the same attitude as that brother who wrote to Bill. I would never be able to have him convicted in a courtroom here where I live.
    He confided in me and stated explicit details about someone I also know.

You out here have to help me out.

If this person would ever figure out what my name is who posted this, then my ass is shafted.

This is for real! And this is important.

p.s. Why is this?

You have started 0 topic(s) in the last
    1 day(s) out of your limit of 2.
    You can currently create 2 more which will increase in
    1 day(s) 3 hour(s) when your oldest topic expires

Did I say something wrong somewhere? If I did tell me please!

Andy

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Probably the best thing you can do right now is to call Kimberlee Norris at the Love/Norris Law firm in Fort Worth, Texas on her toll free number - 1-(877) 422-8733 and tell her what you've been told by this person. Being an attorney, Kimberlee would be able to best advise you, and being deeply involved in JW sex abuse cases, she will be able to understand the situation more easily than an attorney who doesn't know a Dub from a hole in the wall.

Call Kim. Unburden yourself.

Oh, as to your PS - we all get messages like that when we start a new thread. You're not being persecuted.

• jwbot
    jwbot

If he has done something to a child, you have to tell the authorities quick (or that lawyer) because if something happens again to a child because you did not act...well that will be on your conscience...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

First We all have posting limits

Now for the important stuff

If he told you that he has actually abused a child (not just thoughts of doing it) in most places you have a moral obligation (written into the law code here in Canada) to report him to the authorities. In some places it is a legal obligation. If you were told this and you are a professional then in most places you have a legal obligation as a professional to report it.

The difference is that as professionals we can be sued for not reporting (in Canada).

My first step as a lay person was to pick up the phone and give social services whatever information I had about suspected abuse. They will take down the information and send out a team of investigators.

Take a look in the front of your phone book to see if there are phone numbers such as Family Violence, Family and Child Services, or even the Sexual Assault Centre. They can tell you what the best way to proceed for your area is

If your privacy is an issue use a pay phone. Here in Canada we have Crime Watch where people can phone crime tips in to the police with the understanding that the calls are anonymous. Someone I know found out the hard way they are not anonymous when 2 police officers showed up at her door about the call and needed to follow up on her tip.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Notify the legal authorities immediately, perhaps even the media if you have enough evidence.

The WTBTS, in their continuous effort to always cover their butts, have written articles and sent letters to the congregations in which they encourage members to notify the police; however, in real life, behind closed doors, when the elders give private counsel they highly emphasize in avoiding anything that brings reproach to Jehovah, thus the person offended doesn't dare go any further.

• avengers
    avengers

I wish it was this simple. It's not a b/w. but far more complicated.

The child involved is now 18. This happened when she was 6. He says that she wanted it just as bad. ( I warned you about the barf bags.)

Since she's 18 rightnow I can't do anything about it. But the fact that I know he's a pedo scares the daylight out of me.

There's nothing to prove though. The police here won't do anything. I think this is a great dilemna in this country.

In Germany they just had a great bust and they say that Holland is next, but I don't believe it.

There's so much to be done.

Damn..........Andy

• Mulan
    Mulan

Avengers profile says he/she is in the Netherlands. So............find out what the law is there about reporting.

Good luck. That is a sticky one.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Find out if your country has a child abuse registry. If so then see if you can have his name added - since he confessed to you they might allow it

• jwbot
    jwbot

Is there a statute of limitations on these types of cases there?

• sf
    sf

How dare he lay this on you EXPECTING your loyalty in silence. Screw that!!

You KNOW what the absolute right thing is to do here Andy. Don't play his game. You are above that.

He KNEW he could count on you in telling you. But you need to show him that this goes beyond all expecations.

Anyone who lays this type of guilt trip on another is NO FRIEND. Never was. Don't you see he even preyed on you and your sensibilities. You can reverse that right now.

What's the worse that can happen...to you? Nevrmind him. He made his bed, and others too. Let him deal with those ramifications on his own. He created his future. Now you create yours, my friend.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit