Michael Cohen... sleazebag or patriot?

by Queequeg 61 Replies latest social current

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

So, what do you think?

FWIW, I say sleazebag...

• jp1692
    jp1692

Black and white, this or that, all or nothing thinking is an indication of an uneducated and/or unintelligent mind that can only embrace a simplistic worldview. Human beings are complicated, and the most interesting among us are always examples of just that.

• jp1692
    jp1692

As reported today by Stephen Collinson of CNN, Cohen’s testimony “was either the betrayal of a proven liar who is making up tales to save himself or the courageous act of an unlikely hero rising above his dirty past to provide a national service, depending on which side of the committee room lawmakers sat on.”

In other words, how you interpret Cohen’s testimony says more about you and your biases than what he actually said.

Own it. Deal with it.

• Exelder
    Exelder

His 'conscience' only started to bother him once he had his fall out with Trump. Before that he had no problem going along with Trumps plans and even said he would take a bullet for him.

They are both sleaze bags.

UK people can't believe that out of all the people in America, Americans chose Trump as president.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think he's opening up about his dealing with Trump as a intentional means to lessen his own illegal charges and perhaps influencing toward getting a lighter sentence.

Interesting is it not that people who were closely associated with Trump are getting charged with various illegal behavior.

The information coming out now is leading toward Trump himself getting charged with something .

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I definitely DON'T think Cohen is a patriot. But I do think his testimony shone a light on the mob like nature of our President. And I think it was a disgusting display of tribalism by the Republican's who attacked Cohen over and over again to try and provide cover for their guy instead of providing a check or balance on the executive branch like they're supposed to.

Cohen has already been prosecuted and convicted. Nobody want's our tax dollars wasted in Congress re-litigating Cohen's felonies. However, what we do want is an honest assessment and discovery process of the the President's corrupt and illegal actions.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

When it comes out that someone is a proven liar, I will never believe another word that persons says, regardless of who they are.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''When it comes out that someone is a proven liar, I will never believe another word that persons says, regardless of who they are.''

Have you never lied then? Or are you saying just 'proven' liars?

I think most people lie unfortunately. But sometimes they tell the truth.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Its kind of simple when Dian Fienstein says he has credibility issues the dems are really reaching desperately. Not to mention nothing he even speculated on is illegal.

• sir82
    sir82

Why can't it be both?

He's a sleaze who has finally realized he has nothing left to lose, and so spills the beans. Although "patriot" might be a bit of a stretch, I admit.

It has happened with hundreds if not thousands of sleazy mob members over the past 80-100 years. Why not one more?

I find it curious...if everything he says is a lie, it ought to be fish-in-a-barrel easy to prove it, right? Why so much attacking of his character, yet not a word contesting his allegations or defending Trump?

A couple of other notes:

-- He's already got his sentence reduced. His testimony before congress doesn't have any further effect on that. In fact, if he lies to congress, that's another crime and he gets more time. Seems he has nothing to gain and much to lose by lying now.

-- He has produced lots of corroborating evidence. If it were just his word alone, I'd be far more skeptical than I am now

-- He actually defended Trump on several occasions (e.g., "he would never hit Melania"). If he were trying to "bury" Trump at all costs, why defend him when he thought the charges against him were unfair?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit