What Would You Yearn For From The Good Old Days?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

2017 and the world is probably more advanced than ever before. Prices are high for homes, food and comfort. Wars seem to rage everywhere!

If you could go back in time .... when would it be and why???

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm not sure the world is any worse or better than ever. It's much of a muchness.

Interesting question. Would I go back to alter trivial things, enormous things or not go back at all? I am reminded of the Japanese stories about the 'girl who fell through time'.

I'll have to think about that one.

I think seeing dear departed loved ones would be too much for me. Perhaps I'd rather go forward to see how I die.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I am happy with things today.

What I yearn for is lower gas prices, and utilities, Phone, electric. Lower grocery prices. Higher wages and more bang for the buck.

I wouldn't want to go back unless I had a couple of million dollars to profit off of knowing the future with.

The times were simpler back in the 50's 60's and 70's but it appears I was dumber. No technology only 3 channels on TV.

• minimus
    minimus

1999 was pretty good

• hybridous
    hybridous

I don't know that there's ever been a better time to be alive...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Saturdays, up early to watch cartoons afterwards gather the fellows in the neighborhood and get on our bikes and explore our town. Mom and dad wouldn't see me until dawn, no worry it was safe for 9 year olds in my city of 10000 in a small town in Ark. Afternoon swim in the river and little fishing, and maybe if we have the funds buy sodas and candy ($1.00 could get us a lot of cavities). And then we have the $0.15 moves on Saturdays some of the best western movies ever, I thought (lol). At the end of the day I take my once a week bath, get ready for the Sat. evening TV shows, Hit parade, Gunsmoke yes all the great shows. But I was a child and mom and dad protected me from the racism in our small town, as a child my childhood was great. I guess I yearn for the carefree days of my youth, 1955-1959.. In 1959 moved to California and no more carefree Saturdays....

• stuckinarut2
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    If you could go back in time .... when would it be and why???

Nowhere, I'd stay right here and now. I only miss my 15-year-old erections.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Like James Mixon I think back to when I was growing up, I have great memories around the holiday season, since my father was an UBM when I was growing up. Just the TV shows back then in the 1960's are all the great reruns that make up the Antenna Channel and MeTV and other channels, the music, always looking forward to when the Supremes were on the Ed Sullivan Show.

I have on my laptop the archives of Life Magazine and Ebony (found the Look Magazine archive but forgot to save it ad can't find it now) they were always in my home when I was growing up, I like to read the issues from when I was growing just to reminisce about the good ol' days.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

The 80s , music was riding a wave of gratuitous rebellion and the guitar solos levitated your consciousness, take me back I was a kid, I wish I could have been an adult in that time.. if I was I'd have been Michael knight or Macgyver, way better than Ralph Macchio, even when he faced the devil (Steve Vai) in crossroads

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit