Why NO bibles??

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Their version of the Bible is free on an app. They will probably instruct people to just dowload it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    If that doesn't scream "CULT" then nothing does...

Don't know about that being evidence of them being a cult, but to be honest, that's one of the things that I point about myself as a JW. I started preaching when I was 4, and stopped when I was 23. Never, not once did I hand a bible to a person. Not once. I gave a lot of the WT literature, but not one single bible, ever.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Count your blessings (so to speak), the Jobot bible is even crappier than mainstream ones. Lucky not to have one. It's devoid of any real feeling or depth.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Perhaps the JWs in Northern California are different, but when I asked the trolley JWs if they had the Book Of Mormon, they said no. But they did have the Bible. And so they gave me a copy of the new Revised NWT with the gray cover. A few months later I approached another JW literature trolley and they gave me another Revised NWT. They didn't ask for a donation so I got both Bibles for free.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Perhaps they believe that the Bible contains more Evil than their published magazines.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Why NO Bibles?

Because, IMO, Bibles are similar to firearms. If you carry one you may have to use it. And just like a firearm, a Bible in the hands of an ignorant person is dangerous! So take those Bibles away from the ignorant JDubs for their own safety and that of those who may be injured by their misuse of a Bible.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = obvious relating to their cost $$$ do you really think the JWS are going to give out free bibles ?

• Spiral
    Spiral

Back in the day (I mean the 60s, lol) seems like the green bible was proudly carried out in "service", and for a small donation. BUT as we know, that's not really practical today. Does anyone (in any church) actually read the whole bible today?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Athanasius I’m guessing that was a few years ago, you could get Bibles more freely then. But since Watchtower’s financial crisis in 2015 Bibles have not been freely offered.

financial collapse/no money left = no Bibles offered to the public

I think they’ll soon stop printing Bibles altogether.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I remember a couple of years ago hearing a pioneer talking excitedly about his day standing next to his trolly/cart. Apparently a member of the public had come along had come along and said I really need a bible; I have been looking to buy one etc. The pioneer gave him a new "silver sword" and this member of the public absolutely promised to come to the next meeting etc.

The pioneer's lengthy description of the experience made it all sound like some sort of divine intervention where an individual in need of a bible miraculously came across the cart, at just the right time, etc. I stayed silent, thinking "All that has happened is that someone scammed a bible off you, dimwit."

I never heard whether the member of the public ever turned up for the next meeting. I suspect not, because I would have heard about it for hours, if it did happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit