Why NO bibles??

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I know we have all said it before, but it simply blows my mind that the jws doing cart work do NOT have bibles on the cart to give out to interested ones!

HOW can they say they are "bible students" trying to share the "bibles message" and not give out bibles!?

Other Christian groups take the commission to share the bible seriously! They invest huge sums of money to give out "gods word"

If the "word of God" is life saving and so vital, it should be a priority to get as many as possible into peoples hands!

But here we have the so called "one true faith- Jehovah's Witnesses" without bibles on the carts!

If that doesn't scream "CULT" then nothing does....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

stucky - We know it also has to do with money. Bibles cost more to make than the toilet paper they pass for magazines and reacts.

Follow the money, that's all the cult leaders care about.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I know punky ...I know....

But it really dilutes their claims about wanting to "share Gods word" when they are more concerned with $ rather than people's lives....

(now I know the bible is nothing except a collection of ancient ramblings, but JWs make it out to be THE ONLY WAY to draw close to God and survive...)

Its almost as if jws have the special relationship with god and do not want to share!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Opening question to cart-sitters:

"What is more important - the Bible or Watchtower magazines?"

"So, why ... ?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    stucky - it really dilutes their claims about wanting to "share Gods word"

I agree. From a jobot perspective the bible should be first priority.

I wonder why they refuse to se it?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The vast majority of JW's (in my experience) were not "Bible students," they were literature students. Now they are "tablet students."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    fallguy - "tablet students."

Well, this is true.

When I hear that they are all on tablets, I'm unsure if it's iPads or meds.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One excuse they use is a few years ago they noticed that people were requesting the Bible and then taking the pages out to use as cigarette paper when rolling up thier tobacco. But in a reality it’s about the money.

• jp1692
    jp1692

As has been pointed out, Bibles simply cost a lot, but another—and possibly more important—reason is that Bibles do not explicitly contain JW’s unique brand of propanganda.

A person has to be duly indoctrinated before they will “believe” the Bible teaches ridiculous nonsense like “overlapping generations” or that Jehovah would let a fool like Stephen Lett represent him.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If it’s about money, the solution is easy.

1) Stop making propaganda. Get rid of JWTV.

2) Stop making magazines.

3) Sell off all properties.

4) Make only Bibles.

The problem with the above is that the GB have ABSOLUTELY no desire to teach the message of the BIBLE. If they did, they would be out of a job, no better off than your average preacher. That is NOT happening...

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit