What's the point in being Married?

by YoursChelbie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Marriage is for the tax free transfer of property. I can get married and transfer a billion dollars to my wife all tax free. That's why marriage between relatives is not legal.

Marriage is for the care and keeping of the minor children. A friend's daughter had a daughter and never married the father or proved paternity. The father died and was cremated before the child was born. The mother could not collect social security benefits for the child. Those benefits would have been a huge benefit to the family and to the child.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

irongland - sounds like you agree with me, then. the relationship itself becomes less fun and exciting as time goes on, but not as a result of marraige. relationships just end up requiring work and effort. maybe the thought of love becoming something you have to work at does have a killjoy effect on your poor heroic super adventure man. it's not exactly all rainbows and kittens for the woman, either, i suspect. but i don't think that getting married is the cause of this. it's just a natural end.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Isn't it a tax write-off?

Devon

• Sassy
    Sassy

I still believe in marriage, but I won't rush into it. I guess I have some trust issues from some very good reasons. Before I would seriously think about it, I need to know there is a high chance it can work out. I'd also would make sure the goods are in working order before marriage.

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO @ Irongland . I would think marriage would be about finding someone you love and trust so much you can't live without them . I've never been married myself so the possiblity of a living hell is always there . That picture you posted mostly ressembles me and my bachelor freinds tho . I'm not fat an ugly tho just the beer and the smokes and some sports .

• rocketman
    rocketman

I concur with Gumby.....

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

YoursChelbie,

I may be a day late and a dollar short, but is everything okay? Email me if you need to talk! [email protected] or pm me.

Andi

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well I have nothing to say here

but TINKY ... I'M TIRED WITH YOUR NEW AV ... I WANT YOUR PRETY FACE and SMILE BACK !!! choose an other pic if you want but

Is it possible PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE. this Av is not cute AT ALL ... SORRY I had to say it ... I was used to it too much already
    i didn't recognised your postes at first !!!

Your choice ... but ...

• startingover
    startingover

I am now of the opinion that the morality issues have been created through years and years of religious influence. Look at the primitive tribes in the jungles. It doesn't seem to be a big deal to them. Their life seems to revolve around survival, much like the animals. Is that because they have been separated from religion, specifically Christianity? Funny how it seems that clothes become necessary once the Christians arrive. Are there issues with infidelity in non-Christian nations? If anyone knows please post it.

I have been married over 25 years but if my marriage ended there is no way I would get married again. I have a great marriage and a great wife (even though she's a loyal JW), but now I think the ceremony and slip of paper mean nothing in a relationship, only in legal matters.

Last night I heard an interview with Gene Simmons from KISS about his new book and his philosophy on life. It's entitled "Sex Money Kiss". http://www.adarastore.com/cgi-bin/kiana/author_genesimmons.html He said he was going to name it "Women are from Mars, men are from Penis", but to sum it up he said, "Women produce 1 or 2 eggs per cycle, and men produce millions of sperm, what can I say"

And Tink, put your picture back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit