Convention audio clips mentioning 1975

by Splash 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You notice when he states that some went so far to "sell their homes and quit their jobs." He did not finish the sentence as to why they did these things: "...to pioneer."

He discounted the decisions of these brothers when in reality the people who sold their homes and quit their jobs were the true believers. There were considered super spiritual.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS and its GB leaders will never tell the truth about the 1975 doctrine.

Its still a fear mongering religious cult with a publishing house operating at its core.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Thanks!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The fact is people were dropping out of school

Marriages were being put off

Married couples put off having children.

Some people committed suicide

The WTS built up lot of fear and anxiety to JWS

The sick and corrupt thing is that the WTS leaders used the 6000 year dating calculation that was used previously before by other leaders of the WTS.

I was there so ask away any questions.

• zeb
  • Splash
    Splash
    wifibandit I have extracted most of the mp3's. Files 3,8 & 10 didn't work for me.

Files 3, 8 and 10 are mp4, not mp3.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

This should be interesting to see how they spin this. I mentioned on another thread that it's not about how the friends reacted to 1975, but who mentioned the date in the first place. Whether the friends took it too far who told them the date 1975 and they also put it in writing. No matter what as the kids say, "you/org. Started it". If 1975 was just a rumor why is there literature that mentions it. Stay alive 1975. I wonder if anyone will still have a copy.

Also, in the public edition of 1/2013 the org says this. Have Jehovah witnesses given incorrect dates for the end.? The first paragraph says Jehovah witnesses have had wrong expectations about when the end would come like Jesus first disciples..... why in the public edition? I have printed this out and keep it handy. Just to keep me from drinking the Kool aide.

A while ago I met an xjw. He was an elder. Nice man. He was a Jw for many years, gave talks, well one day he decided to do some research, found out 607 was not the real date the org told him. So in time he and his family left. I asked everything about witnesses, he was not angry with them just the fact as to how could he not question because he is intelligent. He said the friends will lie to themselves and to you because they can't handle the real truth. So I asked him about the 1975 thing, he said it's true the society amped up the date and did tell the friends not to do this or that. He said the org. is lying to protect themselves.

1975 was real and the org. Suggested because they Will always say we never told you to.

I'm not sure if this is a good PR move for the org. It may not turn out the way they think it will. The org. feels if it kind of come clean they will make some points.

I also wonder what is going through a young persons head when they see and hear this. Young folks are not stupid.

Tor

• TTaTT4U
    TTaTT4U

1000s of talks. The motherload

http://printcentralandsigns.com/talks/

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-42765048.html

http://magazin.spiegel.de/EpubDelivery/spiegel/pdf/42765048

This is a link to a German newspaper article "JW dark times" from 1972 in which massive persecution of Malawi is mentioned as well as that the fact that even journalist knew of that fact that 1975 was the fixed dated for the end.

"cultmembers predict the doomsday in the year 1975 and support herewith the passive lifeattitude of many africans. Therefore many black and brown rulers thought that behind the Watchtower propaganda from house to house was Anti-government-campain".

This article would deserve a better translation than google... I dont have time right now.
    For President Hastings Banda called them "witnesses of the devil". Ministers encouraged the people to denunciation and violence. In the new Makokola Clubhotel, MCP fanatics pulled the chef from the kitchen and stabbed him. Elsewhere, women were raped or penned with gasoline and ignited. The policeman of Dedza wanted to stop the state-tolerated burning and killing - he lost his post. In Malawi, 60 Jehovah's Witnesses have been killed.

Maybe that the 1975-date and hype was more than something but played a big role in the massive persecution and murdering of JW in Malawi in the 70's. So 1975 was not only a good joke. The GB may have thought that these persecution would end 1975 in Armageddon.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    • My husband remembered this you tube video featuring a former C.O. discussing why he and his wife left in 1974. He recalls how some C.O.s were saying "36 months to Armageddon brothers", then "24 months to Armageddon brothers".

This did not happen in the hall we attended, so my husband questioned our friends asking them if they remembered similar experiences. He found "two witnesses" who confirmed that they experienced the same C.O. talks as described in this video.

The entire video is relevant to the 1975 issue:

It is the seventh video down on the list "Older Witnesses Remembers Their Excitement Over 1975"

http://www.isgodthere.org/watchtower1/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit