Amazing Read,Check this out!

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I got this book handed to me while out in service in the late 70s. We took it to the local elder and he confiscated it from us and told us Schnell was an apostate and would call the police on brothers in service to get them arrested so he could bond them out and be a hero.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I read Schnell's book about 30 years ago and wasn't impressed. He comes across as bitter and mean. However, he did have a unique perspective being involved in the '30's and '40s, so I would probably read it again if I came across it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I read this book when I was a JW for just a few years and put it down to being penned by a disgruntled ex JW.

Today I couldnt tell you a thing about ,maybe I should look it up again and see what it says.

Then again I read CoC and thought very much the same thing .Which leads me to believe you have to be ready to learn TTATT ,if your not ready nothing you read or what anybody says will make one iota of differenceto you.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Agree with Smiddy3 totally.

Zing

• Biahi
    Biahi

I have this book in my apostate collection. Good read, his personal journey.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I have not read it but just want to add that Franz in CoC doesn't come across as bitter or angry at all--in fact, his mild and logical tone was very impressive to me, particularly in contrast to the horrible vitriol that WT speakers reserve for so-called apostates.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I read "30 Years a Watchtower Slave" back in 1970. Though I was an active JW at the time, Snell's book was interesting to read and answered many of the questions I had regarding the work in Germany during the 1920s and 1930s and the reason for Hitler's banning the JWs in Germany. Snell's account made more sense than the white washed Watchtower histories.

Unfortunately Schnell's book, though informative, didn't cause me to break free of the Watchtower. That happened 14 years later when I read "Crisis Of Conscience."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What Smiddy3 said. I concur.

Most dubs with their mindset are so stubborn with their mindset, someone compared their so called ''faith'' to a '''stone or brick'' building, which almost can never sway with the strongest brute force or wind. Even when they are faced with all the evidence possible placed right before their noses, they may never change their thinking or ways.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

"you have to be ready to learn TTATT ,if your not ready nothing you read or what anybody says will make one iota of difference to you."

Everything else is a bad translation.

Zing

• RolRod
    RolRod

Yeah I read the book. I have all his books. 30 YEARS was by far his best. It's still being published but in a edited version. So make sure you read the first edition, it has several hundred pages as oppose to the edited booklet version. Schnell had been a Bible Student during WWI. he implanted all the dictatorial rules of the Society in Germany, as Germany was the playing ground zero for Rutherford's takeover as Pope of the Watchtower. It's a good book as Schnell describes how the Society went from a Russell's Bible Students to what is now the Jehovah's Witnesses. I highly recommend it.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit