JW.Org claims they have fullfilled Jesus command to preach in all the inhabited earth.Have they really done that ? I dont think so.

by smiddy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Apart from the fact that they have mainly followed in the footsteps of christendom before them what virgin territories have they ever gone to that Christendom before them has not gone to

I would think none.

How many lands ,countrys ,are their that they have never made any significant inroads into ?

We are not talking about token service in any of these countrys in major cities , but a real door to door witness to every individual householder that gets it every few months as in Western lands.

Some that I can think of : North Korea ,Mainland China , Bangladesh ,India , Pakistan , Jordan , Israel , Iran , Syria ,Burma ( sorry cant think of the new name )

Maybe you can think of a few more lands that fit this catergory

However even with this list it shows beyond reasonable doubt JW`s have not preached in all the inhabited earth .NO WAY,

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Dreamland

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Fronterland

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Years ago they quoted a Scripture (in Matthew ??) that said the disciples would not complete the circuit of the Cities of Israel before Jesus' return, to excuse the fact that they were not actually anywhere near "in all the inhabited Earth".

Ignoring the fact that this is another failed prophecy of "Jesus", as Jesus is supposed to have unequivocally said they would preach everywhere, as I said at the time to an Elder, "You can't have it both ways".

• alanv
    alanv

Nearly everything they say, you will find an opposite statement somewhere in their literature. That way whatever happens they can say it was right what they wrote.

The above is one example and another one, is where they say how bad the world is getting with more wars and violence, then somewhere else they will say the bible says there will be a cry of peace and security before the end.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    alanv - "...one is where they say how bad the world is getting with more wars and violence, then somewhere else they will say the Bible says there will be a cry of peace and security before the end."

Yup.

Global war = End Times.

Global peace = End Times.

"Everything is proof we're right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!!!"

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

JW.Org claims they have fullfilled Jesus command to preach in all the inhabited earth.Have they really done that ? I dont think so.

I don't think so either. Even if they have accomplished that geographically, as time passes, they have newer generations that may need preaching. Their premise in that respect has never made sense.

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

''However even with this list it shows beyond reasonable doubt JW`s have not preached in all the inhabited earth .NO WAY,''

Very true, and I must say nice thread.

I don't know about the witnesses, but I very much like this site: www.imb.org

IMB stands for the International Mission Boards.

This site gives all kind of statistics related to how far the gospel has spread in the world.

Sadly though, not the right gospel of course since they do not preach about 1914 and do not teach obedience to the Governing Body and so on.

Some statistics that I find interesting:

7,2 billion people on the earth

42% of the world are reached ones (people with access to the gospel). This is 3 billion.

Of this 3 billion, 2,3 billion are Christians.

700 million has access to the gospel but does not accept the gospel, because of other beliefs etc.

58% (4.2 billion people) is classified as unreached. This means very littlo to no access to the gospel (maybe to a watchtower though)

These people are 6792 ethnic groups. These groups have few to no churches, a very small part of the gospel in their own language, or no part at all, a lot of persecution etc. Think of the Muslim world.

The number of each of these ethnic groups vary a lot. Some groups are only a few hundred people, whereas others are a few million. To gain access to the gospel, they will need help from outside the community.

https://www.imb.org/people-and-places/

For instance Sub-Saharan Africa

https://www.imb.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/SSAP_FastFacts.pdf

''SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA HAS A GROWING CHRISTIAN POPULATION, BUT IT’S STILL HOME TO NEARLY 1,600 UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUPS IN SPRAWLING CITIES, BARREN DESERTS, RAIN FORESTS''

Or Central Asia:

https://www.imb.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CA_FastFacts.pdf

''98,7% OF CENTRAL ASIAN PEOPLE GROUPS ARE UNREACHED''

''ALL THE PERSIAN AND TURKIC PEOPLE GROUPS WHO CALL CENTRAL ASIA HOME ARE UNREACHED. MOST CENTRAL ASIANS HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY AND ARE UNAWARE THAT THE GOSPEL IS GOOD NEWS.''

Hope this information is helpful.

Of course, the power of the Governing Body is so much stronger than Christendom, cos only they have the power of the holy spirit. But if we take these statistics into account, it seems fair to say that a great majority of the world has not been reached.

• steve2
    steve2

Where JWs have made headway in a population is where "other" churches already have a foothold. In other words, these churches "soften" up the population to be more receptive to the JW message. As Richard Dawkins observed, religious affiliation is an accident of one's birth.

• compound complex
    compound complex

smiddy:

Myanmar -- Burma (easier to say)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit