Update About Terrific Grandkid

by Iown Mylife 8 Replies latest social family

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Just had to share some good news in our family - my granddaughter has her car packed and she's getting moved into the dorm at her university tomorrow morning! All day I've been thinking about how fantastic it is when you know without a doubt that a precious kid has absolutely made the right decision for their life. We have hoped so much that she would be able to attend college.

She graduated high school this past May and qualified for a scholarship to a wonderful school. None of this would have been possible if she had not chosen to leave the JW cult at the age of 14.

She's been working with her grandfather in our floor maintenance biz all summer, now she's off to the wonderful world of higher education! She directed several films her junior and senior years, and now going to study media/film, etc. So, she's got a good opportunity and now we hope for the best♥

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for congratulations

A great story! Everyone loves a happy ending!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great news!!!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

So HAPPY for all concerned!!!

Hugs and Best Wishes all around!

• zeb
    zeb

what is she studying! I am envious even at my age.

• just fine
    just fine

Yay - another one free from Watchtower influence.

• out4good4
    out4good4

Great news.

I love seeing ex-jw kids defy all the cookie cutters crap the WT organization preachs they will become if they decide not to be JW drones.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hey You-All, thank you very much!

Grand-girl began taking photography classes in high school, then film making, art history, and loves all that stuff. So she started her first college semester in mass communications/tv/radio. There's a radio station and a tv station on campus. She was accepted into their job program as well, so she'll be earning money working in the art museum and whatever work they have available like building theater sets, etc.

Her dorm is very nice and I heard that the roommate is "a doll!"

Classes start Monday, she has Algebra/Trig and lots of others. Her text books looked scrumptious to me, one was Threshold of Democracy. I began to read about how women in ancient Greece had to have a male rep if they took a matter to court or wanted to buy property. This male citizen was called a Prostates - sounded hilarious to me. You learn something every day!

It really is joyous to see a kid so happy to be in school, far away from ridiculous cultic life-sucking org. I can't stop thinking about it!

If anybody wants me I'll be at the bead table - maybe i can build up my inventory and sell at the county fair in October. I've been taking care of people since I was four years old and today that job has been reduced to just my old man and me. YEEHAW!

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Congratulations! It's always good when someone is given the ability to follow their passion without being restricted from it by blind religious dogma. I'm happy for you and your granddaughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit