PIMA sitting on the fence

by PimoElder 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

Technically, an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a god, while an agnostic is someone who doesn't believe it's possible to know for sure that a god exists.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

If the great trib starts I will jump that side of the fencešŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    agĀ·nosĀ·tic
    /aÉ”ĖˆnƤstik/
    noun
    a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
    aĀ·theĀ·ist
    /ĖˆÄTHēəst/
    noun
    a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

An atheist does not believe in a god or gods as their is a lack of evidence to their existence.

An agnostic believes there is no way to prove a god or gods exist and therefor are unknowable.

If the Great Tribulation were to start it would be physical evidence in favor of not only the existence of a god, but the God of the Bible. An atheist may change belief. An agnostic would dismiss the evidence as agnostics believe any evidence of a god is not possible in the physical universe.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If the existence of a god or gods became clear, then we would need to update that definition.

By the definition of agnostic above, both theists and atheists can be (and likely are) agnostic. After all, we are describing beliefs, even though many religious people (and no small number of non-believers) are confident that they know, not just believe. I think our minds work this way, where we are uncomfortable not being sure. Although I do not write off the possibility of a god existing, I live my life as if I am sure none does.

If Yahweh were to announce his existence in the way that is typical for him, neither the atheist nor the agnostic would be given much time to make any adjustments in their thinking.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

No way you can say an atheist can change their mind but us agnostics canā€™t.
    we can all change our minds

im PIMA until there is proof either way
    If the missing link is found or they finally find a half monkey half human skull then I will not be agnostic anymore

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

You raise two important points there.

1. I have reached the point where Iā€™m comfortable in not knowing. It may be true it may not be so what! Flat earth, moon landings in the 1960s, they have a rover on Mars for over ten years never breaks down etc etc

may All be true may not be

2. ā€œAlthough I do not write off the possibility of a god existing, I live my life as if I am sure none does.ā€

Iā€™m slightly different I live my life as if Iā€™m not sure God exists, but I donā€™t write off the possibility the evolution theory may be true

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

havent we moved on a bit from the stone age ?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Flat earth, moon landings in the 1960s
    may All be true may not be

Thanks for clearing up that you are a troll. No longer any need to interact with you.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

There is no reason to be stressed by not knowing

I donā€™t know the truth about 911/weapons of mass destruction/moon landings in the 1960s

maybe true or maybe not

doesnt bother me

same with the Bible, maybe true maybe not it doesnā€™t bother me

im going to live my best life ever regardless šŸ˜

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

We are Atheists, Agnostics, wishful thinking or deluded Theists....unless God reveals Himself. Of course Christians believe Jesus Christ does exactly that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit