fear of flying

by petespal2002 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

This is a normal reaction that you share with a lot of people. I admit I love to fly and the smaller the plane the better! I think it is a rush! But every now and again I'll start thinking of those unscheduled landings. You know, the ones where you beat the firetrucks to the site by a half hour or so! Then I keep telling myself that I would more likely win the Lotto than have that experience! And if God will let me pick, I'll take the Lotto, thank you very much! The longest flight I've have to sit through was 14 hours! And that was part of a thirty hour trip, start to finish! Those pilots are great people. They are riding with you and want to get where their going too! Maverick

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

ROFL Alan!!! You are too funny!

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

I maintain military aircraft which are converted passenger aircraft and you would not beleive how rigourus the checking and testing is before each and every flight and the airlines are no different. It would have to be a freak set of circumstances to bring a large multi engine aircraft to grief.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Being in a tin can at 39,000 feet sucks. I have nothing to say that will make you feel any more at ease. It just plain sucks.

It's the safest way to travel. Maybe that helps. But I still hate it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I wear a motorcycle helmit, and stuff my clothes with styrofoam peanuts. Nothing could hurt me.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I know the plane will drop in the ocean if I close my eyes. So I am obliged to stay awake and save the rest of you from certain disaster.

• prologos
    prologos

try a window seat in the rear on the shady side. and look out.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

No Need To Worry About Flying

“When you are flying, everything is all right or it is not all right. If it is all right there is no need to worry.

If it is not all right one of two things will happen. Either you will crash or you will not crash. If you do not crash there is no need to worry.

If you do crash one of two things is certain. Either you will be injured or you will not be injured. If you are not injured there is no need to worry.

If you are injure one of two things is certain. Either you will recover or you will not recover. If you recover there is no need to worry.

If you don’t recover you can’t worry.”

• krejames
    krejames

What D8TA said.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You can relax yourself by controlling your breathing. Close your eyes, open your mouth slightly (that keeps you from tensing your jaw muscles), then breath in through your nose, slowly, for 8 seconds, hold your breath for 8 seconds, then breath out through your mouth for eight seconds. Do this as many times as you need, it will calm you.

Or you could get a prescription for a sedatives from your doctor. Benedryl, an allergy pill, acts as a very mild relaxant, it's cheap and available over the counter. You could combine the breathing with the benedryl for a very low cost approach. I take it with me on long flights so I can sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit