2024 Addendum to Shepherd The Flock Book-and February S-147-Announcements And Reminders!

by Atlantis 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you Gramps!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Fascinating.

From the wording it is evident is is intended for the European branch which is under GDPR. Also it appears to me to be translated into English.

I guess my question is whether the addendum to Shepherds Manual would apply across all branches or is it only for the GDPR affected branches.

I personally would be delighted if they would delete all my records and erase any written connections I may have had with them.

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Do they also get rid of records for disassociated people after 20 years? My anniversary is coming up soon.

• menrov
    menrov

I believe the change in their donation policy is related to the rules regarding collection of or asking for donations. I guess the WT does not want to adhere, pay for the license (in some cases), register, provide transparency etc.

Then again, they said they would never ask for donations, right?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I said in my Post above, the Org. may also be concerned that if they encourage the Dubs to be Official Collectors, those Dubs will be easily proved to be Legal Agents of the Org, which leaves the Org. open to being sued if donations went missing ! or if one of those Dubs committed some other Crime while wearing official I.D.

It is always about the Org. avoiding all responsibility for what Dubs do, and hence, as usual, it is all about the $$$.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Yes I’m the congregation the always say don’t bring reproach on the congregation and they tell you that you represent Jehovah’s organisation.

but on the other side they want to distance themselves from the Judas and say they are independent operating on their own

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    So now they can whine about persecution even more when an irate person tell them to GFY or to get the Hell off my porch and whimper about how hated they are.

When I was young, I lived in a small town in Quebec (Canada) where people would yell and insult us ALL the time at the door. Then, when I moved in one of the major cities in Ontario, this happened to me exactly once in 20 years. Honestly, in Ontario, I ended up having much more meaningful exchanges where people told me things that made me question my faith and ultimately contributed to me leaving.

Hate is never a good response. It simply leads to people doubling down in their respective positions and no body wins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit