JWs and the constitution of the United States

by Vanderhoven7 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

Great :)

But are the other ... Losch , Herd , Lett ... concerned ?

I'm not familiar with american laws

Best Regards

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know about America, I've never been there. Although UK TV makes me feel like I know it well. Mind you, I have seen it from Niagara Falls, Canada side.

As a kid I was forbidden to stand for the National Anthem so I used to forget to drop something and only find it when the anthem ended. I was so embarrassed being a Jobo as a kid. These are horrid and damaging memories.

However, the Jobos wanted all the goodies they could scrounge off the state. That's why all the illegal immigrants flood the UK. We have fairly good benefits to scrounge.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah it's a horrible thing growing up in the JW cult

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

" which gives congress the right to establish the military and to declare and to make war. "

Where does the idea come from that Jws are against war and the military?

Israel had wars. David and Saul were the military.

The idea is that JWs are against nationalizing the military and thus creating wars from country vs country, all of these little ants fighting each other when the focus should be on God's kingdom.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

" how about Watchtower supporting the United Nations as a Non Governmental Organization for ten years up until 2000"

How about it? I don't understand what the problem is.

True, the UN is the image of the wild beast, however Babylon, and Rome were tools that Jehovah used to punish unfaithful Jerusalem. The wild beast is a tool that Jehovah will use to attack the harlot, Babylon the Great.

The Watchtower being an NGO of the UN is not a bad thing. Yes, the UN will be destroyed. But until then, Revelation does not say that it is bad.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Ratti

"Where does the idea come from that Jws are against war and the military?"

Didn't know Watchtower was and is pro-war.

It must be true the JWs support the USA fighting wars. After all they profited from war. In 2002 they owned 50% of Rand CanEngine Corp stock, a company that made awesome war machines.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922330/000106299302000371/form10k.txt

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Does anyone know if this was just a written pledge? I see that someone, a notary, witnessed some of these.

So did that involve having to verbally take the pledge in front of an official and even in front of the US flag perhaps?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I know when I went to work for the USPS, I was required to swear an oath to “uphold the constitution”. I was proud to do so. 🇺🇸😀 Btw, there are JWs that work at the post office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit