Prince Update

by thinkers wife 17 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

I had a feeling from the first time I heard that spiel about the afterlife at the beginning of "Let's Go Crazy" that Prince might be WBTS material, at least for a year or two. He won't last long.

you'd think Mike would clue in Prince by slapping some sense into him.

Before you can slap sense into somebody, you've gotta have some to slap. Michael's sense has dwindled to nothing along with his nose.

It wasn't my music that caused all this bad sex stuff to happen, YOU just read into my music more than I was saying...

"Like, for example, in "Raspberry Beret"; when I said, 'She wasn't too bright, but I could tell, when she kissed me--she knew how to get her kicks' - that was talking about witnessing, yeah. She knew how to get her kicks by witnessing to others about Jesus and Jehovah. Yeah."

COMF

• Kent
    Kent

At least Prince WAS a great musican. I know people here (musicans) who have visited Prince in his private world - and one thing is for sure. He will have to turn his whole world upside down.

I guess he will be finished with the JWs after a short while - and return to his normal life again. After all, we haven't heard much about him lately - and he badly needed som publicity.

He got it - and then he can skip the shit and go on with his life :)

Kent

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just don't get the appeal of this guy. He gives me the creeps and I hate his "music". Maybe he is a genius of sorts, but not to my taste in music. And I like all kinds too, not just the oldies, guys.

• TMS
    TMS

In my household, we have followed this story somewhat. We watched the interviews with Larry Graham, the artist and Shaka Kahn, saw the video with the Artist in disguise being "witnessed to" and accepting the New World tract from two sisters.

None of the elements here should be a surprise. Evidently Prince and his wife have experienced some deep heartache recently with the loss of their child. Brother Graham, besides being a musician, seems to be a kindly, sincere, persuasive person.

But along with Comf and others, this religious connection is doomed from the get-go. Prince will eventually have dealings with elders more rigid and less tolerant than Larry Graham. The myriad organizational rules and regimentation will most likely wear on him.

It will certainly be an interesting story to watch.

TMS

ps Its interesting that TAFNAP would take a stand on cursing. Allegedly, Larry Graham walked out of one of the Artist's concerts a while back because of the language.

• sf
    sf

I'm inKlined to go along with Logical's "assessment" here. This is a drastic turnaround for this "artist". After watching his millenium blockbuster concert on PAY PER VIEW new years eve a while back, this only stands to reason. His dialog was laced with new order "schtuff", ( geez Tom, this is so fun; i'm sure getting the hang of it quiK HAHAHAHA) yet at the same time he was very sexually explicit.

The opening of his performance started with him STATING "time is a trick" (bwahhhhhhhhhh wonder where that came from?) and then grabbing his ass. (wonder where he got that idea; no doubt a skit at an assemby sometime in his life...bwahhhhhhhhhhh...J/K!!!(kinda)

sKally (roflol klass)

• COMF
    COMF
    TAFNAP

For the record, he has changed his name back to Prince again. It turns out that the name change was not, at least foremost, a publicity stunt. He did it because he became disenchanted with one of the big record labels with whom he had a contract. The terms stated that they had rights to anything recorded in his name for a period of time, even after the end of the agreed number of releases. That time period recently ended, and he is now Prince again.

COMF

P.S. I read this in some magazine lying in a waiting room while visiting the dentist last week. Don't ask for references; I don't have any. Do the research; the story ought to be out there.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Think41self:I think the witnesses deserve to have to deal with a fruitcake like Prince. He came into the borg so screwed up, maybe all their mind f***ing will actually straighten him out!

Hmmm. Maybe his f***ed up influence will straighten them out too! Now wouldn't that be great!

• jelly
    jelly

Prince went from being a
    sexy m*ther f*cker
    to a
    crazy m*ther f*cker

Jelly (should I have used more *s)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit