Prince Update

by thinkers wife 17 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Hope no one posted this yet!

Home - Yahoo! - My Yahoo! - News Alerts - Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Replaces
    Firestone Tires

Home Top Stories Business Tech Politics World Local Entertainment Sports Op/Ed Science Health Full Coverage

Entertainment - Associated Press - updated 10:57 PM ET May 26 Add to My Yahoo!

Reuters | E! Online | AP | Comics | Variety | The New York Times | PageSix.com | More ...

Saturday May 26 8:40 AM ET
    Prince Swears off Cursing

NEW YORK (AP) - A G-rated Prince?

It may be hard to believe, but the singer who once provoked shock waves with his X-rated lyrics has sworn off cursing and is preaching about the importance of virtue in the May edition of Gotham magazine.

Prince, who is now a Jehovah's Witness, said that ``when you use those (curse) words, you call up all the anger, all the negatives times the word has been used before - you bring it toward yourself. Why would you want that?''

Prince also told the magazine that teens need more God in their lives.

``When I look at the violence, I wonder where the parents are, but also where is God in their lives? A kid is an open computer ready for programming. Some weird relationships happen, smoking too early and sex.''

Jehovah's Witnesses are an apocalyptic group that interprets the Bible differently than traditional Christian organizations.

Email this story - View most popular | Printer-friendly format
    Archived Stories by Date: May 26 May 25 May 24 May 23 May 22 May 21 May 20 May 19 May 18 May 17 May 16 May 15 May 14 May 13 May 12

News Resources
    Message Boards: Post/Read Msgs (9 msg May 27, 12:25 AM ET)
    Conversations: Start a live discussion

ADVERTISEMENT

Search News
    Advanced
    Search: Stories Photos Full Coverage

Home Top Stories Business Tech Politics World Local Entertainment Sports Op/Ed Science Health Full Coverage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copyright © 2001 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    Questions or Comments
    Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

• somebody
    somebody

I haven't seen that posted here yet. thanks for the story,TW.

peace,
    somebody

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Here it is:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010526/en/prince_lyrics_gotham_1.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been brought to you by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

• Flip
    Flip

``When I look at the violence, I wonder where the parents are…”, "…Some weird relationships…smoking too early and sex.''

Could it be, “…provoking shock waves and X-rated lyrics…” written by a visibly sexually self-centered, materialistic roll model during their formative years influenced those parents?

Ok, Ok, I’m just being flippant. I realize things are more complex than that, but Prince sounds like he’s suffering from post music video marketing guilt dysfunction.

What better way than to join with an organization like the WTBTS and absolve all responsibility towards the troubled community he may regret influencing which he now discards, while replacing it with a delusion of virgin territory.

Absolution is only a ‘magazine’ placement away. If my “old world” community 'chooses' to turn down the offer, it’s like the ‘Curse of the Cat People’, their decision to reject an obscure, ambiguous and convoluted WTBTS publication is now on the 'rejects' head. Voila! instant absolution for publisher Bro. Prince.

Nuts!...but I still enjoy some of his music, you'd think Mike would clue in Prince by slapping some sense into him.

Flip

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Prince is already getting the hang of it. Next he will say..

It wasn't my music that caused all this bad sex stuff to happen, YOU just read into my music more than I was saying...

• rob
    rob

...and I thought that he was creepy before!

• logical
    logical

I reckon the Prince thing is a scam. The WTS have paid him, its all a publicity stunt to get more members.

• think41self
    think41self

Thinkers Wife,

Thanks for posting it, I hadn't seen it yet.

I only have one thing to say about it.

I think the witnesses deserve to have to deal with a fruitcake like Prince. He came into the borg so screwed up, maybe all their mind f***ing will actually straighten him out!

think41self

• joelbear
    joelbear

Prince is a great musician. To me, this simply proves that Jehovah's Witnesses have a product that fits certain people's needs at certain times of their lives. For some, this time lasts longer than it does for others.

hugs

Joel

• mommy
    mommy

Thanks TW

Joel,
    Wow what insight you have. I never thought of it like that. Thank you for sharing that with us.
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit