Who are the A/As on the board?

by starfish422 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• starfish422
    starfish422

Not alcoholics anonymous, mind you. :) Atheists/Agnostics. I know there are some of us here; who's with me?

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am agnostic...and it is funny because I would think MOST people ARE because we truly do not know...do we? hehe some people have FAITH but that is different from truly knowing.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

ME? An agnostic? I don't know if I can believe that.

Uzzah

PS - (dragging up an old one) You heard about the Agnostic Dyslexic with insomnia?

He stayed awake all night wondering if there really was a dog

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Me, me, me, AGNOSTIC ...
    Anyway ... it seems to me at least ... that there is no god who really wants to be known or recognised !!!
    why trying to get what he seems to don't want anyway ...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm gonna do the devil's advocate thing that all the atheists seem to love doing on the religious thread...

Not I !!!
    You mean you don't believe in any kind of deity at all???
    Strange people!!!
    You look around yourselves without the awe that generates the believe that there must be some kind of "first cause", at the very least???

I believe, which is founded on faith - but not merely from this source, in my own case. I own a multitude of subjective experiences that draw me to the conclusion that there is more than random chance happenings occuring, in this world.

"I'm Ross, and I'm an alcohicloc ... not!"

LT of the "I'm in a funny mood today" class.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm not an atheist but kind of lean towards being an agnostic.

At this point, I believe in something out there, more powerful than we are. I don't mind calling it God or a god.

But, I just don't really know, and don't think it is something we can know for sure. I agree with Ross that there is evidence that there is something out there that designed all that we live amongst. It can't just be by chance.

My brother is a rabid atheist though, and we have some fun conversations, but he really irritates people too, trying to convince them.

I used to pray, but now find I get the same results from positive thinking and goal setting.

• starfish422
    starfish422

LOL at Little Toe; I don't mind good-natured theists. They make life interesting.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mulan:

But, I just don't really know, and don't think it is something we can know for sure.

Poppycock!!!!

You are constructing a strawman hypothesis based on your own subjective experiences.
    Give it up, and confess that you're pretty convinced, and dying to be zapped like the rest of us!!!

Btw, see ya at Joy's

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I am an atheist.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I'm an atheist, which means I lack belief in the existence of God (in fact, I lack belief in the existence of any supernatural beings/forces).

Subjective experiences? I'm doing my best to try and give them up.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit