Tried to warn another mum

by DarleneGatus 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

Thank you everyone. I have since disassociated, divorced, changed my name, and have sole custody of my two sons, including the younger son that was complaining about the inappropriate adults in the hall.

We left when my sons were 10 and 14 years of age, and nearly 5 years later they barely remember the religion so not too scarred by it, thankfully.

My ex-husband the elder was removed from being an elder after we left. The other elders were quite mad that I disassociated rather than waiting to be disfellowshipped, saying something to him to the effect that "you should have kept your wife under better control." When they texted me about my disassociation letter, I texted back that I was busy eating lunch because I didn't want to take the call. I thought of those elders, stomachs probably grumbling after an elders meeting following a Sunday morning meeting and how they probably thought I was so selfishly eating lunch, but oh well, it's kinda funny.

Anyway, the thing about the "two witness rule" that really got me was that even if 2 or more people complain about molestation or child sex abuse in regards to a specific perpetrator, the elders keep records but won't respond if there aren't 2 witnesses to the same events at the same time. Which seems to be a ridiculous mis-extension of scripture to the point where even someone as gullible as myself can no longer go along with it.

I hope their harm to children and society is finally recognized so they lose their tax-free status. Hit their assets, because that's all they really care about, in my opinion.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

One more thing. The elder that bothered my son (nothing serious happened because I made such a stink about him not going near my son again) had a previous complainant in a congregation in South Africa that was more serious, and that mom left the organization to protect her child as well. So at least 2 witnesses, if you get my meaning. More moms need to talk...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You are one tough cookie DarleneGatus!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    nearly 5 years later they barely remember the religion so not too scarred by it, thankfully.

What a blessing for them.

I hope their harm to children and society is finally recognized so they lose their tax-free status. Hit their assets, because that's all they really care about, in my opinion.

A lot of us feel that way. I'd go a step further and say that because the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), protect paedophiles, not only are they complicit in the crime but probably some or all of them are paedophiles themselves.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Darlene, thanks for your story! Amazing.

It supports my belief that the sooner a person gets out, the better.....especially if kids are involved.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

." When they texted me about my disassociation letter, I texted back that I was busy eating lunch because I didn't want to take the call. I thought of those elders, stomachs probably grumbling after an elders meeting following a Sunday morning meeting and how they probably thought I was so selfishly eating lunch, but oh well, it's kinda funny.

Is that a normal thing that they would get back in touch with you after you DA`d yourself ?

I was never contacted after I DA`d myself from the Cong.I was in and I was well known in at least 3 Cong`s in my area.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

It depends on how you DA'd and whether or not they thought they could or should talk you out of it.

If you are well known they have to announce it.

Whether they contact you before that announcement may depend on the relationship they think they have with you and your reputation and how many people are involved.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

One thing is for sure. That guy will be thinking a bit harder about his actions the next time around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit