Introducing myself.

by Makaveli 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hi Mak! Welcome to the board! I'm sure most of us can relate to some degree.

~Aztec

• patio34
    patio34

Hello Makavelli and Welcome!

It's very nice to have you here. Your story is similar to mine and many others'. i left 2 1/2 yrs ago abruptly, but for different reasons (i just woke up!). It's a bit rough at first, imo, but it gets better and better the more in touch with reality and away from the influence of mind control.

Reading was a great strengthener to me (Ray Franz, evolution, Stephen Hassan, etc.)

Cheers!

Pat

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Makaveli,

Welcome to the board!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey there Mak, glad you found us, take off your coat and stay a while.

I'm coming up on 2 years Kingdom Hall free, it is a lovely feeling. The very thought of being inside one makes me shudder.

I also have few close friends, but this board makes up for that, at least somewhat.

• berylblue
    berylblue

((Makaveli))

Glad you're here.

• morty
    morty

welcome Makaveli welcome!!!!!

mortons68

• Sassy
    Sassy

Glad to meet you Makaveli. I am new here too.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Makeveli, what's a billy?

• luna
    luna

Hi, Makaveli....I'm pretty new here myself, so welcome to the Newbie club.

Sorry to hear your story. Well, glad you got out, but sorry for the circumstances you're in now. It does get better. I've been out about 10 years, but when I first left, I was pretty much in the same situation as you. Lost ALL of my friends, (all my "worldly" friends were in different states for college), and I was all alone. It's really difficult to go from having all these supposed "WONDERFUL" friends, to having them not even look at you in the space of a day. There's a period of adjustment that you go through that you ask yourself if it's worth it, etc.

IT IS!! I have so many "worldly" friends now, and they're so much more understanding, nice and FUN, than any of the uptight and hypocritical witness friends that I had. All the witness friends that had any speck of decency in them aren't witnesses now anyhow, or are working their way out. (Keep an eye out for Odrade. )

Keep your chin up! Things WILL get better, and you'll have a much better life for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit