Cardinal George Pell Acquitted Of Child sex Abuse !

by smiddy3 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Exactly cofty.

I've been following the whole case with interest as i personally am also anti pell. However, I do know guys that were abused by other catholic priests at schools and churches in my locality when I was attending public schools nearby. It seems Pell was made to be the scapegoat for the churches failings in this matter.

However, it is sad that humans with these abhorrent memories, no matter who the perpetrator was, are scarred for life.

I spend some time with those I know and we seek peace for their thought processes.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes smiddy3,

Ridsdale was in everybody's vocabulary in my area as the catholic school boys used to tell us about his antics.

jtg

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

We can’t throw people behind bars with that standard of evidence, a single allegation hasn’t ever been proof of wrong.

I think Pell is guilty of being complicit in many other atrocities, so he may not be off the hook entirely yet

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The police are now investigating Pell again as someone else has levelled abuse accusations against him.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I guess with winning in the legal arena, the question remains, well he win in the court of public opinion. I think the Catholic Church would be crazy to reappoint him.

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Here's something very recent to view on the Catholic church situation and Pell.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/drum

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do you know what episode Wg ? I couldn`t find it.

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Hi smiddy3.

It's 7 May.

• Simon
    Simon

There's also something of a magicians trick been going on with abuse prosecutions and the media. When a magician catches your attention with a flourish of their hand, it's usually to distract you and hide attention from what the other hand is doing.

If you asked someone which group or organization had the biggest child abuse problem, many might say "the Catholic Church" ... but they'd be wrong by a very long margin.

The biggest by far are public schools.

A pedophile ring was busted in Canada recently that included 3 priests but over 40 teachers. How come we rarely hear about them?

Media collusion? Unions? There's a story there and it seems to be little covered.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You have a point there Simon why indeed. Are we talking about public schools ? and not religious schools here ?

If we are talking about public schools here that could throw a huge spanner in the confidence of parents sending their kids to public schools.? What parent would send their child to a school that could harbour a pedophile ?

How do we get more information about this story ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit