Do you think JWN members would be surprised if they got to know you in real life?

by nicolaou 30 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Stan I would but Simon might object

ha--i very much doubt it

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think JWN members might be a bit surprised if they met me in real life.

I can be very argumentative on this forum but I'm not like that in real life. I don't argue or debate in real life.

People have their different opinions and I'm not bothered in the slightest. After wasting a large chunk of my life in the WT religion, all I want to do now is just be 'normal' - fit into society and get the most out of my life.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

My personality has done a 180 in the last 8 years. The farther I remove myself from my former JW life The more pleasant and true to myself I have become. I have left the introverted person behind and now find myself starting up conversations with strangers. what made the difference I have moved across country where all things JW are behind me by 2000+ miles. Happy for the new me but sad I couldn't be me for the first 60 years.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Kind words Paul, thank you.

Xanthippe I know what you mean about being out in the garden. A garden can be so restful, even a town one like ours. Yes, we can see the stars on a clear night but street lights and housing don't make it ideal.

The only other passion I forgot to mention was Backgammon. Does anyone else play?

• besty
    besty
    waves to Nic :-) we should do another meetup...
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Thanks nic, sounds like a comfy man cave you got there.

Me, im a crane opperator on an offshore oil platform, i have many tattoos, ride a huge harley, and push many things to their limits. Considered by many as a mean looking, nice guy teddy bear type 😇.

Love guiness stout , and a good cigar. Not to mention some sugar cane moonshine once in a while.

Have fun in your man \ woman cave ...sounds fun.☺

Mad Puppy

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting thread. I don't think anybody would be too surprised - I'm pretty much an open book kind of guy- what you see is what you get - no hidden agendas anywhere- I just live in the here and now and am pretty laid back with a quirky off the wall type of humor. My wife has a great sense of humor as well. I just enjoy having fun with folks on the board here and everywhere - most all of us have fun at the Lake Tahoe gathering each year. Woops there I go plugging for Tahoe again- but it was an " out in the open " agenda- not hidden. LOL. Everybody is invited to come ! The more the merrier ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am not much different in real life, although some might be surprised that on any given day I am often covered in paint. I have a small business fixing up old furniture and making things out of reclaimed wood, it's pretty messy, I have a workshop in my garage where I assemble and paint. I also buy and sell some antiques, I have space at an antique mall. I don't make a lot of money but it keeps me off the streets, lol.

My husbandand and I enjoy going to the movies, eating out and gardening. I enjoy sudoku, spider solitare and reading. I have a cat, Lizzie, she got sick this week, I thought she was a goner. Apparently she had a gallbladder attack, stopped eating and drinking, I had to force feed her. Fortunately she pulled through and seems fine now. Being as I don't have an outside job, she keeps me company, so I don't know what I would do without her. She enjoys music, stealing things and makes up games to keep herself amused, her favorite thing is to find ways to punk mom. She lays in wait to grab my ankles from under the bed, sneaks up behind the couch to smack me on the head, etc.

That my life, pretty boring.

• David Graham
    David Graham
    My online persona is who I am offline. I am not for hiding who I am personality wise. Simply put, what you see is what you get. If you don't like it, not my problem. I'm done with constantly feeling like I need to watch my p's & q's.
    I think this is called having self respect. ;)
  • Simon
    Simon

Your back-garden hobbit-hole sounds cool Nic - does it have WiFi? I've always fancied the idea of one of those micro-offices but over here I'd probably die when it gets down to -30.

I don't know if I'm much different in real life than online. I'd like to think I was the same but they are different worlds and not everything fits in both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit