THE CELL PHONES of ELDER'S

by Blueblades 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When they call their number is blocked out.This makes them unavailable when you want to call them.Don't even try to call them after 9pm at Bethel,no matter what the emergency!They only call you to get you to come to the meetings and go out into field service!

So now we turned on ( ACR ) ANONYMOUS CALL REJECTION,which allows us to reject calls from callers who have blocked the display of their telephone numbers.Now my number will not ring and the caller will hear a message that instructs them to hang up and remove their blocking and call again.

Since we did this,Elders are not calling us anymore.As I said they want to know your number,so they can call you to come to meetings,otherwise they can't be bothered.They give their cell number to a select few only.The congregation as a whole don't have the Elders cell phone numbers.Don't try to get them at Bethel either,once they know who is calling they hit the ignore button in their head.

Really, I can't be bothered by the Elders calling me about the same old same old line.But for those who really need some kind of help or information about whatever,this shows that they are not truly shepherds of sheep.

Blueblades

• Odrade
    Odrade

I never knew the home numbers of most of the elders in my last hall either. And when I look in the phone book, they are unlisted. My SIL in her cong would call and ask for various elders' ##, and was put off. They would say "I'll call him and have him call you." So then maybe the elder would call back, but block caller ID. I don't know if she was ever able to get ## for most of the elders, even though she tried. Nice shepherds.

Odrade

• invictus
    invictus

In one of the congregations were we moved to, after the second meeting my husband and I approached elders to ask if we can have that phone list of other publishers in this new congregation.lists like that one were regularly given to us in previous congregations with no problems and that was also a quick way to remember other peoples names.

well, you should have seen a face of an elder - here we do not give lists, brothers do not want to be harrased?! ( what am I going to do? call them at 3 in the morning and breathe heavily on the phone?)

then he said if somebody wants to give you a number it`s up to them. well we got couple of numbers,but none was from the elders- they just didn`t want to be bothered.

invictus

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

This may be the weirdest thing I've ever heard about JWs! What is that about they shall be know by the love . . . . huh.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I still have the tel.numbers from all elders in the congragation - and from some of other congragations.....

Seems that they are not afraid to gave their numbers here...

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

hmmm... was never an issue in the 70's and 80's...must be the new crop.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

My BIL is an elder and more than one time while visiting with my sister the phone would ring and he would check the caller ID if it was sister or brother so and so he wouldn't answer the phone. I asked my sis why he did that and she said, "some of the people that call him at all times of the day and night could find the answer to their questions simply by looking in the Watchtower, it's a waste of his time. Besides they will just go down the list of elders until they find someone home. Let someone else handle it."

Loving eh? I'm an elder but I can't be bothered with you, wonder WJWD?

Kate

• aikido1914
    aikido1914

YES the conspiricy is against you personally, you should hide now.... Give me a freaking break, like there all out to hide themselves from private conversation from other members, ... They ARE regular people that are dealing with the same problems that this board has been lately..so get a part time job and off the conspiricy boards and maybe youll put that imagination to productive use..lol ...Winner eh!!

• SadElder
    SadElder

How sad, unlisted phones, blocked Caller ID. Elders are to be a hiding place from the wind not hiding themselves. My phone has always been published and available to all. I know one elder that was told that if he wanted an unlisted number then he didn't need to be an elder. Now that I'm not offically an elder I still have a listed number, many call for kind words or a listening ear. That's what's wrong among the dubs today... shallow fellow feeling.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I noticed that the PO has a listed phone number (due to his business) but an unlisted address.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit